Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chances are COVID has driven Series S/X sales in Japan more than anything MS is doing. It might lead to a better opening number but it seems safe to assume the same flatline will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      They tried this with the original xbox and that had actual Japanese developed exclusives for it. Failed miserably then, they’ll fail miserably now. Unless they bought up EVERY Japanese developer, just give it up already.
      Japanese 3rd party support was abysmal for the original xbox though and other than DoA 3, Sega and From Software’s games, the Japanese exclusives were pretty poor. Completely different situation now in terms of big 3rd party games, plus Game Pass and xcloud would be massively appealing to the Japanese market. The biggest problem is getting all of the big retailers to stock the system, which they won’t because its not from a Japanese company and would be too much of a risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Chances are COVID has driven Series S/X sales in Japan more than anything MS is doing. It might lead to a better opening number but it seems safe to assume the same flatline will follow.
        I doubt that. Covid isn't a big deal here unless you live in Tokyo and even then not that many people have died from it. Total death count here is under just over 1500 people with the most being in Tokyo and that's very small compared to most places at 399 as of today. Where I live there aren't even any infected people. And have only been 5 in the entire city since this started way back in January.

I reckon the reason the Xbox Series X and S are sold out is because Microsoft only had 10 units for sale
        Last edited by Yakumo; 26-09-2020, 06:23.

Comment

Man, way better than here. In that case, definitely just launch day sell out syndrome then. 1000% sales increase! October 2 units sold, November 2000 units sold

Comment

Would Xbox cloud streaming be popular there? I have no idea but isn't the mobile network infrastructure top notch?

Consoles might not sell that well but I wonder if the subscription and mobile cloud streaming might make a dent.

Comment

Am I right in thinking that there aren't any launch games for this, just cross gen multi-plats? Bit of a shame if there's nothing to show what it can really do. Kind of makes me wonder why pre-orders sold out.

I skipped the XO generation but we had an offer at work to get a Series X so I put my name down. I'll use it for Game Pass primarily, and for playing Panzer Dragoon Orta of course. Oh and for playing anything which is exclusive to that damn Epic store.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                I doubt that. Covid isn't a big deal here unless you live in Tokyo and even then not that many people have died from it. Total death count here is under just over 1500 people with the most being in Tokyo and that's very small compared to most places at 399 as of today. Where I live there aren't even any infected people. And have only been 5 in the entire city since this started way back in January.

I reckon the reason the Xbox Series X and S are sold out is because Microsoft only had 10 units for sale
                It's kind of amazing that they're still bothering with the Japanese market at all. Looking at the charts Japan seems to be Switch central these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                  Am I right in thinking that there aren't any launch games for this, just cross gen multi-plats? Bit of a shame if there's nothing to show what it can really do. Kind of makes me wonder why pre-orders sold out.

I skipped the XO generation but we had an offer at work to get a Series X so I put my name down. I'll use it for Game Pass primarily, and for playing Panzer Dragoon Orta of course. Oh and for playing anything which is exclusive to that damn Epic store.

Comment

I had it in my head that The Medium was a launch game, surprised it's not. Def gonna save those Rewards points then, it's really surprising that MS was resting entirely on Halo Infinite.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      I had it in my head that The Medium was a launch game, surprised it's not. Def gonna save those Rewards points then, it's really surprising that MS was resting entirely on Halo Infinite.
                      And backwards compatibility.

All that lovely backwar...

Comment

All sounds good, if unsurprising.

Comment

I imagine the loading results for the Series S will be the same?
                          Last edited by hudson; 28-09-2020, 14:43.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            I imagine the loading results for the Series as will be the same?
                            I would assume identical.

Comment

It's great that the load times are reduced, but my gut says we will see even faster loads on the PS5.

Comment

Your gut agrees with science!

Comment

Working...
                                X