This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    I would have liked to have watched that Video but jesus will they shut up for 5 minutes! And how many words can a person say per second??
    UI looks nice but the presenters its like their off there tits on speed!

Also if i was trying to show off backwards compatibility and Auto HDR id choose a more stable game than subnautica, all i could see was horrible draw distance and horrendous pop in. the underwater plants kept just blinking into existence whenever he got five feet from them.

Comment

What I think might soon become a really critical issue for MS if they aren't secretly sitting on stuff is if they expect B/C to not just carry the system at launch but also well into or even potentially throughout 2021. There's a very strong and almost deafening silence of info or even rumours of first year line up let alone first day and its beyond critical that they don't allow S/X to be defined by the same errors that dragged XBO down.

I'm very doubtful The Medium is commanding that much interest so the question is, if Halo Infinite is missing launch when exactly does MS have big hitters inbound because they're very, very shortly about to run out of shelf life on trying to sell S/X on the backs of their predecessors

Comment

Uh huh ...

PS5 confirmed titles

Xbox Series confirmed titles

2021 titles only listed side by side
        Last edited by MartyG; 26-10-2020, 17:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          Yes!

"Deep breath, okay. Ready, set, speak!!"

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            Yes!

"Deep breath, okay. Ready, set, speak!!"
            If you randomly pick 4 or 5 sections of that vid it's just a wall of words at every point. They never once let the console do the talking.

Comment

Wish they had looked at the UHD playback. Want to confirm whether it supports Dolby Vision on UHD disks. Doesn’t seem to have been mentioned, other than DV on games at some point in 2021. I remember there was a lot of focus on the media capabilities of the X1 before its launch, but is very quiet on that front for the series X

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

Also if i was trying to show off backwards compatibility and Auto HDR id choose a more stable game than subnautica, all i could see was horrible draw distance and horrendous pop in. the underwater plants kept just blinking into existence whenever he got five feet from them.

Comment

Originally posted by dazza_cole View Post
                  Wish they had looked at the UHD playback. Want to confirm whether it supports Dolby Vision on UHD disks
                  https://www.whattowatch.com/news/xbo...ray-discs-fall - if Xbox One supports it, so will Series X (although there's a lot of F.U.D. over this, so it's difficult to get a clear picture).

I can confirm the option is there, but I can't confirm it works on UHD-BR as my set doesn't support the standard

how to get instagram image url
                  Last edited by MartyG; 26-10-2020, 18:57.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    https://www.whattowatch.com/news/xbo...ray-discs-fall - if Xbox One supports it, so will Series X (although there's a lot of F.U.D. over this, so it's difficult to get a clear picture).

I can confirm the option is there, but I can't confirm it works on UHD-BR as my set doesn't support the standard

how to get instagram image url
                    Thanks, from what I understand of the X DV compatibility is that it’s limited to a few streaming apps, and doesn’t apply to the drive. I’m waiting for my DV set to be delivered so I can’t tell for sure, just want to know if I need to be looking at a separate player for DV from disc or if I’ll be able to use the Series X

Comment

I'm not clear on this either but while the option is there I believe it's just for games currently and I swear I read somewhere support for movies is coming next year...

Also, doesn't some of the functionality require you to install the Dolby app as well?

Never used it myself other than the Dolby Atmos for headphones but I'm sure I read a few articles on it a few months back.

Comment

Will it still stutter occasionally on uhd discs like the one x did? I’m guessing yes else they’d have fixed it on the one x by now. Not sure they’ve even acknowledged it. I was sooooooo disappointed by that. Sony couldn’t play them at all even on the pro and Xbox let me down after getting it 99.999% right! I stream everything now so don’t know why I’m complaining.

Comment

Which films stutter? I only have The Revenant, Blade Runner 2049 and The Last Jedi on UHD-BR (as apparently price is proportional to resolution^2) but all three play flawlessly on my One X.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            I stream everything now so don’t know why I’m complaining.
                            In 2K or 4K?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              Which films stutter? I only have The Revenant, Blade Runner 2049 and The Last Jedi on UHD-BR (as apparently price is proportional to resolution^2) but all three play flawlessly on my One X.
                              I have loads with no issues

Comment

Let's be honest, Infinite is looking like an Xmas title and is in need of regaining a ton of momentum. Hopefully STALKER 2 makes it... I'm doubtful, but hopefully. Otherwise it's the same old MS for the time being, unless anyone seriously expects Psychonauts 2 to do well.

Comment

Working...
                                X