This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Series S/X: Thread 02

Time to launch the second Series S/X thread and what better than to launch it with the single biggest news for Xbox this year?
    Yes, a new Xbox Controller has been revealed that will be sold through Asda and Tesco and compared to its predecessors it looks absolutely delicious!

Sweet!

Comment

Nut free? Im out.

Comment

Well as cakes go that's a pretty good one as I had to double take there... Why can't there be a black chocolate version as well?

Comment

Are they serious about this thing not having any exclusive content for the first two years?

If so, then what exactly is the point in getting one?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Are they serious about this thing not having any exclusive content for the first two years?

WelcomeToThePartyPal.gif

Comment

I guess it’s like upgrading a pc so that your existing games run better plus those new games a couple of years down the road will actually run whereas your current system won’t be able to play them.

I’m not convincing anyone here am I!?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                I’m not convincing anyone here am I!?
                No, not when most people are going to be expecting a hardware refresh at around that time anyway.

Comment

No, not when most people are going to be expecting a hardware refresh at around that time anyway.
                  You mean a sponge refresh right?

Comment

This only concerns first party Microsoft Studios games. And even that may not turn out to be true.

Think of it like the PC games scene. Series X is the high end 4k system and will play best with all the bells and whistles. The (rumoured) Series S is the next gen system for 1080p screen owners. Xbox One X and S will be left with the scraps relative to their respective capabilities.

Comment

It's nice the controller isn't also tied to Game Pass, I wonder how many... Megabites that would take

Comment

I see the overlap with current gen a way to continue support for the current gen with a really easy upgrade path to those then invested in the ecosystem.

I don't think they'll do this for as long as they're saying. Really there's a cut off on the horizon and I think COVID has made it more difficult and some games will simply cut the Xbox One version.

Fable, Forza for instance... I think they'll be XSX and PC only and others may follow suit.

Comment

Interesting xCloud development video talking about touch controls...

Comment

So the Series S has all but been confirmed via the packaging of a new controller.

Comment

Cool... Will be interesting to see what it looks like given the design aesthetic of the XSX.

At least the name follows their new naming convention as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X