Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have two of the Cyberpunk 2077 consoles at my local electronics shop. Easily my #1 favourite looking console of all time.

That said, even if I had the money it'd be a largely pointless purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      Just a thought. If you preorder any of the next gen consoles, within 12 weeks it'll either be on its way or already delivered. Pretty exciting.
      Yeah time is ticking. This year is a little crazy in how slow it feels but how fast it's actually moving.

Both (or should I say all four) of these consoles are looming large on the horizon now...
      Last edited by nonny; 10-08-2020, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        They have two of the Cyberpunk 2077 consoles at my local electronics shop. Easily my #1 favourite looking console of all time.

That said, even if I had the money it'd be a largely pointless purchase.
        I picked one up for the xbone back catalogue & halo infinite when that comes out, plus cyberpunk that came with it, in that flash sale for £260.

Best special edition console ever in my opinion. Decals are awesome, glow in the dark sections, secret message on the bottom only readable by black light, along with custom start up and shut down sounds.

Comment

I'm just not sold that pricing will help Series S either. I think there's something just fundamentally wrong with the Xbox brand. Releasing the Series S feels like it's as likely to help MS shift huge numbers as a £129.99 price tag saw the Gamecube challenge the PS2. MS is four generations in now and they still feel like they're fighting uphill through mud to even have a clear cohesive plan for their format. It's a shame they let the 360's groundwork slip through their fingers and were also unable to read why it did so well.

Comment

Is a series S better than a Xbox one x?

Yes or no answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post

Yes or no answer.
              Yes.
              It's the same guts as the seriesX, but a downgrade on the GPU. It'll have all the benefits of the SSD for example.
              Same games on the most part however.

Comment

Yes or no answer.
                Yes is below the character limit for a post, but yes.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  It’ll all hinge on price. Especially here in the UK where we are super price sensitive.
                  Also there is a special prize for the first person who un-ironically complains about the US vs UK price of either next generation machine, whilst totally ignoring VAT.
                  Bonus points for phrases such as “rip off Britain” “the uk being screwed on price , AS USUAL” “looks like they just took the dollar price and swapped the $ for £!!!!”

I don't think Price is that important on launch myself. It's more important to make your item/product desirable and for people to think they have to it. People will spend the money, even if it costs a lot more then. I think price becomes more important a year or so down the line.

What will be more telling is if one really starts to see 3rd party games looking and running much better on the Series X

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    I can understand why people are concerned about Halo Infinte’s appearance but bear in mind the presentation of a game is one of the last things that is worked on right up until launch. The core game engine and level design etc needs to be working properly before the shiny shine gets polished in the run up to launch. .
                    I don't. The gameplay and combat look pure Halo. It basically looks like 343 are remaking the original on an epic scale. I have no worries over HALO and was more worried over how little of Forza 8 MS was willing to show off

I also don't get people making out that the consumer will be confused with the naming of the systems. People don't know there's a difference between an LG B9 to a C9 TV, or a 5th gen intel i7 to a 7th gen intel i7?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Yes.
                      It's the same guts as the seriesX, but a downgrade on the GPU. It'll have all the benefits of the SSD for example.
                      Same games on the most part however.
                      If I went from a mechanical drive to an ssd in my pc but downgraded my GPU to pay for it I wouldn’t see that as an upgrade.

i think that is really the only confusing part that actually matter, if true.

people will know that “series” devices are newer. X was better than S in the last gen so they can figure that out too but a worse gpu that previous gen? What the ****!?

Comment

Yes or no answer.
                        Yes, it should be.

Nobody knows exactly because, and I can't stress how crucial this is, MICROSOFT HAVENT OFFICIALLY REVEALED THE SPECS FOR IT!!

All this, "it'll have this or it'll only do that" is conjecture.

Comment

If I went from a mechanical drive to an ssd in my pc but downgraded my GPU to pay for it I wouldn’t see that as an upgrade.

i think that is really the only confusing part that actually matter, if true.

people will know that “series” devices are newer. X was better than S in the last gen so they can figure that out too but a worse gpu that previous gen? What the ****!?
                          Sorry, not worse than the previous gen. A downgrade from the seriesX. It's an upgrade from the OneX.
                          And people say this isn't confusing...

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Yes, it should be.

Nobody knows exactly because, and I can't stress how crucial this is, MICROSOFT HAVENT OFFICIALLY REVEALED THE SPECS FOR IT!!

All this, "it'll have this or it'll only do that" is conjecture.
                            Also 1000% true. My post is pure speculation.

Comment

Controller unboxing. Word of warning, the guy + music is really annoying so either skip a minute in, or mute it.
                              Its basically the same controller as the current one too.

Comment

That it's white really does push the feeling that Series S is white

Comment

Working...
                                X