Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad i dont have to worry about physically going to collect the new machines. Though it used to be greatly satisfying going into a store and walking out with i nice new console and bundle of games on release day. But with the Covid situation, i can only imagine the carnage if we are on full lockdown come November, just hope it doesnt affect deliverys too much. Of course putting things into perspective that is the least thing to worry about.

Comment

£159 for 1tb gen4 ssd, bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
        Glad i dont have to worry about physically going to collect the new machines. Though it used to be greatly satisfying going into a store and walking out with i nice new console and bundle of games on release day. But with the Covid situation, i can only imagine the carnage if we are on full lockdown come November, just hope it doesnt affect deliverys too much. Of course putting things into perspective that is the least thing to worry about.
        At least once in the past when I bought a new console I had a feeling in the back of my mind that I'd be shot and robbed, especially once late in the evening. To be fair, where I lived they'd kill you for a Jaguar.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
          To be fair, where I lived they'd kill you for a Jaguar.
          On the plus side they'd have been gutted once they got home and used the pad.

Comment

Hearing that some people who tried to sign up to All Access and have had 4 direct debits set-up and then cancelled because the retailer had sold out of consoles but the credit checks have been done sounds like more of a **** show than a website simply falling over due to people suddenly realising they might be able to pre-order a console.

Shocking really. It should have been the case that consoles were pre-orderable today and once that initial rush was over customers were contacted and asked if they were paying up front or signing up to All Access.

Comment

Depressing seeing so many of these go straight to the auction site and people actually being prepared to pay £600+ for them (and similarly for PS5).

MS and Sony could have easily put both console up for sale at £650 and they'd still have sold through in less than an hour.

Actually, maybe they should have put them up for sale for a £1000 and then messaged people via their Xbox One Console the opportunity to buy a console for a lesser price, leaving the scalpers with a £1000 credit card bill and a console they don't want and can't flip.

There's got to be a better way of doing pre-orders than this.
              Last edited by MartyG; 22-09-2020, 19:46.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                Depressing seeing so many of these go straight to the auction site and people actually being prepared to pay £600+ for them (and similarly for PS5).

MS and Sony could have easily put both console up for sale at £650 and they'd still have sold through in less than an hour.

Actually, maybe they should have put them up for sale for a £1000 and then messaged people via their Xbox One Console the opportunity to buy a console for a lesser price, leaving the scalpers with a £1000 credit card bill and a console they don't want and can't flip.

There's got to be a better way of doing pre-orders than this.
                Or, just ban eBay from selling them on. Which can be done if your big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                  To be fair, where I lived they'd kill you for a Jaguar.
                  What about a GX4000?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                    What about a GX4000?
                    They'd drop a green screen CPC monitor on your head and return the GX.

This is approaching war crimes mentioning some of these machines.

Comment

I believe our pre-orders go live on the 25. The Japanese Microsoft Xbox site has been down all day yesterday. Looks like they're getting ready. Nothing on Amazon Japan. Yet.
                      What's odd is the the Japanese Xbox site had a button saying pre-orders from the 25th but that's now gone.
                      Last edited by Yakumo; 22-09-2020, 23:16.

Comment

But, but, it's not confusingly named

Sales of the Xbox One X spike massively on the day that Xbox Series X pre-orders go live.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          You fool! That's a...

With some tweaking of the technology he could have a

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

Sales of the Xbox One X spike massively on the day that Xbox Series X pre-orders go live.
                            I shocked... Shocked! Well not that shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

Well they're the same morons who'd buy the wrong iPhone then...

Comment

Working...
                              X