Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look it depends, there's pixel refresh on the LG sets and burn-in shouldn't be a problem... And it's probably the best option.

But... Do a search around for LG OLED burn in issues and you'll find some very disappointed people.

The Q90T is a great TV for gaming, probably the best LCD TV for gaming actually but if you're in that budget range it's a bloody tough choice. There isn't really a wrong option but I guess do and see if you can demo them with content you care about.

Comment

I think for me I'm really sensitive to light bleed on TV sets so watching a film and having actual black borders has been a God send for me!

Comment

Reading between the lines it sounds as though Elder Scrolls won't be coming to PS5? During the interview Phil Spencer doesn't say it outright but it's definitely an option.

Comment

I’ve contacted GAME today as Wales looks to be going into lockdown for 2-3 weeks and how this would affect the Series X/S launch if stores are forced to close.

Comment

Phil Spencer talks refreshingly candidly on how Series S support isn't a simple case of scalability and that the burden of making software run well on it lies with the developer, the hope being that the payoff is growing the market

Comment

It's not a simple case it's a case of targeting a separate hardware point. It's not simple, but then it's not majorly difficult either when it shares a lot in common with its larger brethren.

Comment

I don't think it'll be a problem early on, but as games start to push the PS5 and SeriesX hardware you may find the seriesS starts to lag behind. The lower TF and ram is going to start to show in a few years.

Comment

Also... Of course Starfield and Elder Scrolls will be exclusive. Why buy them?
                  I don't have a great deal of faith in either though. Fallout 4 and 76 are hot garbage. And everything else has been money grabbing ****. Skyrim was a 360 game; Bethesda are a different beast these days.
                  DOOM and possibly wolfenstein will be good though.

Comment

The dream is that with MS behind them there will be a bit more quality control. Lessons learned and that. Hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      The dream is that with MS behind them there will be a bit more quality control. Lessons learned and that. Hopefully.
                      I think it'll be more sharing of intellectual property. These teams can share technical code, tools etc...

I thought Fallout 4 was decent if buggy to be honest. Let's not talk about Fallout 76...

Doom is amazing right now. I still haven't played Eternal but I'm playing through Doom 2016 and it's just superb. These are major franchises for sure.

As for the Series S, yeah it remains to be seen how it fares over the years but it's essentially only trying to hit 1440p in most cases, maybe more realistically 1080p... For what it is trying to be I think that's fine.

What will be interesting will be how cheap it gets as prices start to fall. It's only £249 now if the Series X fell by say £50 would they have to drop both prices to keep a gap?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        I don't think it'll be a problem early on, but as games start to push the PS5 and SeriesX hardware you may find the seriesS starts to lag behind. The lower TF and ram is going to start to show in a few years.
                        It won't hold anything back if it's not aiming for 4K, which it can't anyway. The Series X should technically begin to drop frames at 4K way ahead of the Series S budging at 1440p.

Comment

Looks like Rainbow Six Siege is coming to game pass soon... Just seen a fairly obvious hint on the Xbox Twitter account

Comment

Anyone know where I can find Series S at the minute? I now need a third I've tried the usual places, but to no avail.

Let me know if anyone gets intel.

Comment

This doesn’t look to good.....

PLEASE show me a good looking Xbox Series X game, because this ain't it! 👇Merch ► https://chernothreads.comTwitter ► https://twitter.com/thechernoInstagram ...

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                                Dude, welcome to 3 pages ago. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X