Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gen4 NVME drives are expensive https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Fir...0969023&sr=8-2

The PS5 drives will be priced similarly.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      £220 is crazy money for what is, let's be honest, a pretty modest storage expansion. I don't think it's actually exploitative, since these sorts of drives are really pricey anyway, but I have no idea why you would spend that money instead of just, ya know, deleting some stuff.

By the time you've imported one you'll have shelled out more in import tax and shipping charges than if you'd just bought one here.
      Well that depends on how you import it...

Comment

I guess that’s true. You could save like £20 or £25 total if you get in without paying tax but...eh. To be fair the margins on these seem pretty narrow compared to the giant markup console makers have been known to put on this kind of thing (although it’s still a huge amount of dosh to fork out for a memory card).
        Last edited by wakka; 24-09-2020, 18:30.

Comment

Yeah I'm only saying it's that small an item it could probably fly under the radar if marked right (cough usb stick).

Also you don't have to delete stuff. You can move new games to external HDD if you want you just can't play them from there as they need the SSD speed to operate properly. But feel free to store them onto an external drive for safe keeping if you're limited by internet bandwidth etc...

Comment

Definitely going to get our butts spanked with NVME storage for both consoles. I’ve pre ordered both and no way I can justify those prices. Back to deleting games off the drives again.
            Last edited by BIG EDD; 24-09-2020, 21:57.

Comment

At least with storage costs should reduce significantly over the first few years. This tech for both consoles and PC is new but will be popular so it's bound to be cheaper quickly... Just hold out.

Comment

For how expensive the cards are, even understandably, they aren't going to shift many to the point it probably isn't worth doing them. For £220 you might as well hold off and spend the same or less money upgrading your Xbox down the line when an inevitably higher SSD spaced SKU emerges

Comment

Have we heard anything about what MS is targeting for shipping numbers in the launch window? It's very interesting that the Series S is still freely available to pre-order for launch day and hard to imagine MS has made an immense number of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                    Definitely going to get our butts spanked with NVME storage for both consoles. I’ve pre ordered both and no way I can justify those prices. Back to deleting games off the drives again.

Yep.

Comment

Well, it's official. For a country (Japan) that had no interest in Xbox, every retailer is soldout of pre-order s of the X and S. Now either that means there were only 5 consoles available or that there is some interest this time round.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Well what a ****show this is. Got to the check out on the official Microsoft site and it crashed. Tried again fing sold out!
                        BicCamera, sold out!
                        Amazon, only **** head scalpers. They can do a flying leap off a cliff.

Now 1:25am. I give up
                        Yeah I’m pretty much done, after this and the PS5 preorder fiasco Ive given up on getting a system at launch. Seems like half of the preorders are going to scalpers that are already listing them for 10x the price. Hopefully Sony and MS will get their act together and actually make enough units to fulfill demand within a year or so, but considering that PlayStation VR was constantly sold out for a year here in Japan Im not optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                          Yeah I’m pretty much done, after this and the PS5 preorder fiasco Ive given up on getting a system at launch. Seems like half of the preorders are going to scalpers that are already listing them for 10x the price. Hopefully Sony and MS will get their act together and actually make enough units to fulfill demand within a year or so, but considering that PlayStation VR was constantly sold out for a year here in Japan Im not optimistic.
                          To Amazon's credit they removed the two scalpers sellers of the Series X but sadly the same prick is now trying to flog them on Yahoo Auctions. I've reported the seller.
                          I hate scalpers!

Comment

Xbox Boss Phil Spencer Discusses the Importance of the Japanese Market for Microsoft:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Xbox Boss Phil Spencer Discusses the Importance of the Japanese Market for Microsoft:
                              It may be an important market but it doesn’t seem like MS are doing much to improve their chances here Spencer is a lot of talk and very little action. Even with all of these studio acquisitions theyve done lately they still dont have a Japanese based studio and their lineup is clearly western focused. FFXVI is a PS5 exclusive and that’s unlikely to be the only major AAA Japanese game that will be. Also the mid sized japanese studios are not going to touch the xbox at all. Plus the xbox name and brand is basically poison here, so much so that most game retailers dont even bother stocking the system and the ones that do hide it in a corner with PSP and vita games. I live outside Tokyo and I rarely see any xbox one stuff other than one used system at hard-off thats gathering dust and never gets sold. If MS want to succeed here they need to drop the stupid name and come up with something that seems cool here and invest in Japanese studios that will make games that people here actually want to play.

Comment

They tried this with the original xbox and that had actual Japanese developed exclusives for it. Failed miserably then, they’ll fail miserably now. Unless they bought up EVERY Japanese developer, just give it up already.

Comment

Working...
                                X