Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much new here but apparently much like the current One S/X models the install sizes on Series S should be 30% smaller due to reduced textures.

Should at least stretch the small 512gb nvme SSD a little further...

I didn't know the PS4 Pro down-sampled. I guess there's a possibility of a similar thing here then. I'm just so used to the One X these days just being mostly native 4K on everything...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
      https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-se...s-weve-learned

Not much new here but apparently much like the current One S/X models the install sizes on Series S should be 30% smaller due to reduced textures.

Should at least stretch the small 512gb nvme SSD a little further...

I didn't know the PS4 Pro down-sampled. I guess there's a possibility of a similar thing here then. I'm just so used to the One X these days just being mostly native 4K on everything...
      It’s only going to be the case for smart delivery games I would imagine , which had been mostly kaiboshed by publishers who want to increase the price of games for next gen

Comment

I don't see what that has to do with smart delivery. Smart delivery is paying for the current gen version but getting an upgrade to the next gen version for free.

What is mentioned above that the Series X will use larger file sizes due to it using 4K textures. Series S won't use these so the file sizes are smaller.

This happens on One S and One X now as well.

Comment

Following the fiasco of Sony's surprise PlayStation 5 pre-order launch, Microsoft has moved to ensure potential Xbox Se…

Series S/X will go live for preorder at 8am next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-tuesday-in-uk
            Series S/X will go live for preorder at 8am next Tuesday
            Yeah great just when I'm trying to get my 3 kids to school and nursery... Fark.

Comment

If I get a next gen console and continue using my 1080p TV, am I being an absolute horrible doosh bag? Or will I still be bathing happily in next-gen goodness? I'm guessing it's perfectly fine.

Comment

Just one? It's probaby been snapped up already.

Edit: I apologise for this and for every post I have made and will make in the future. Truly sorry. I am a terrible person.
                Last edited by Dogg Thang; 18-09-2020, 13:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Just one? It's probaby been snapped up already.

Edit: I apologise for this and for every post I have made and will make in the future. Truly sorry. I am a terrible person.
                  You are forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    If I get a next gen console and continue using my 1080p TV, am I being an absolute horrible doosh bag? Or will I still be bathing happily in next-gen goodness? I'm guessing it's perfectly fine.
                    Go for it. You’ll still see the benefits.

Comment

A standard definition dvd movie looks more realistic than say Senua’s sacrifice in 4K. 4K is great and all but there are still other areas that can be made to look better other than resolution. 1080p is still good.

Comment

1080p is great. If anything you'll never have to worry about performance being throttled by larger resolutions.

The Series S is of course absolutely perfect for next-gen @ 1080p. That price... I want one just because of the price, and the fact that it comes with a controller (which I do need, badly).

Comment

The Series S does seem like a great option for people still using a 1080p screen, but only having 10GB of RAM might spoil things a bit. It's a shame they couldn't manage to include 12GB of RAM, the same as the One X. Having a bit more RAM for maybe $50 more would have made the Series S a no brainer for 1080p gamers. 10GB is cost cutting a bit too much.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-09-2020, 20:44.

Comment

10GB of RAM for a system running textures at 1440p scaled down from 16GB running at 4K is very much more than adequate. At least in PC GPU World where that RAM isn't also utilised at a system level.

They could probably get away with 6-8GB, depending on how advanced their frontend is. This is without even thinking about the fancy new Gen 4 NVME.

Comment

Yeah I agree. This isn't even trying to do 4K it's been perfectly balanced to hold its own at 1440p and no more.

I think it's actually going to be more than capable ongoing.

Comment

Working...
                              X