X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TLDW?

Comment

Any idea when we will see some Series S action from the media, [MENTION=221]nonny[/MENTION]?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        TLDW?
        It's quiet, is drawing a max of 206W with the highest power hungry game and it runs cool. And no the external drive won't melt your skin off.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          It's quiet, is drawing a max of 206W with the highest power hungry game and it runs cool. And no the external drive won't melt your skin off.
          Thanks. I didn't think it would be anything less to be honest.

Comment

8bitdo SN30 for xCloud looks decent. Reviews are positive. £45

Comment

Looks top heavy to me and would hurt your wrists over time. You're better off just using the Xbox controller and the official moga phone clip for £15.

That has two places you can alter the angle to basically distribute the weight of the phone over the controller for better comfort...

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                Yep and hottest part is the exhaust at the top... Surprise. Also the expansion cards don't get too hot either. All sounds as expected to be honest.

Comment

Just pre ordered Dirt 5. Looked at a couple of YouTube vids running at 4K 60 and it looks decent enough

Comment

Launch line up still looks arse. I see some pre-order cancellations in my future.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Yes I do.
                      And a 4K One and you can't see the difference?

Comment

I can’t keep repeating myself. I explained the scenario fully further up but one last time:

On my 4K tv, a movie encoded at 2k looks the same as that same movie playing on UHD with 4K encoding yes. I can’t tell the difference at normal viewing distance.

Ignore my 2k monitor, that has nothing to do with anything and I don’t know why you asked about it.

I’m just saying how things appear to me as it occurred to me that I might not appreciate the power of a series x given that 1440p and 2880p look the same to me, so a series S would be fine. For me.

Comment

I notice the default Xbox app for Android (and iOS) just got massively upgraded with a new layout and style.

It also now supports remote play (connect to your console and stream) direct in the app.

Comment

Also the app support pre-download of ANY games you haven’t purchased, so you can download pre-load Watchdogs Legion for instance, whilst waiting for digital or disc version to launch.

Comment

Halo Master Chief Collection is getting a Series update on the 17th of November. The headline news is both campaign and multiplayer will support 120fps at up to 4k. Now this I have to try.

Comment

The ANZ Xbox account is teasing something for the 9th November...

It wouldn't be that news worthy when New Zealand is the first country to hit the launch date so it's probably just a launch day event... But, Gabe Newell is currently stuck in NZ (and indeed just filed for NZ citizenship) due to covid lockdown and he was seen on a Teams meeting with MS just yesterday.

Probably nothing... Or who knows what else is being cooked up.

Comment

Working...
                                X