Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah they had already hinted it might appear as an app on Samsung TVs and shock, potentially Sony TVs as well as it's just an android app at the end of the day.

If they want to do that they need to first increase the streaming resolution as it's capped at 720p. Great for tablets, but anything large screen it's going to look awful.

They have to tech to do that, I just think it's way down the list right now. It's all still in beta anyway but as a beta it's completely functional right now.

I'm sure we can expect a tonne more on xCloud in the next 3 months with constant feature upgrades.

Comment

Must say I'm looking forward to the back compatibility side of things especially with my digital collection.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if 2021 or 2022 TV sets start to have Game Pass apps built right into their smart platforms, too, which would also help to make the service significantly more accessible.

One final gobbet from back in June that I'd completely missed is that the server blades will be switching from One S to Series X next year.
        Having a Gamepass streaming app built in to TVs could be a real winner but people may be put off by shelling out £50 for a controller though.

The xCloud server blades, which are based on the Series X APU, apparently started rolling off the production line last week so won’t likely be in use for a while yet. Each one can run four instances of a Xbox One game at a time.

Comment

Some early looks at latency improvement on Series X in Gears 5 here - Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Comment

Putting to bed once and for all the overheating rumours, Microsoft have confirmed and proven once and for all that their latest Xbox does indeed run cool

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              Putting to bed once and for all the overheating rumours, Microsoft have confirmed and proven once and for all that their latest Xbox does indeed run cool

Not as good as Snoop Dogg’s his fridge was full including a Series X cake and console

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                Some early looks at latency improvement on Series X in Gears 5 here - Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]
                This is great. I would also like them to look at the differences in firmware for the controller.

MS said they've rewritten the firmware stack for improved latency over wireless and that it would also be backward compatible on existing generation controllers.

I see that and moving to 60/120fps as being a huge leap forward. Pity I don't have a 120fps capable TV.

Dear Santa...

Comment

Xbox walkthrough

Comment

I would have liked to have watched that Video but jesus will they shut up for 5 minutes! And how many words can a person say per second??

Comment

Ha sounds like you were looking for an excuse not to watch it!

Comment

"On the controller we have a new button. Well, new for us, our competitor had it 6 years ago..."

Comment

I'm enjoying the ongoing backward compatibility testing digital foundry is doing.

Basically if it's not frame rate locked it's going to play great on the new consoles. It's especially great when some of the more recent titles on current gen were pretty amazing looking anyway, and it's just adding an extra level of detail and performance.

It doesn't totally make up for a lack of exclusive content at launch but given I'm spending as much time these days playing older titles as I am playing new ones I'm looking forward to the various improvements.

Comment

That's the biggest thing I picked up on with that video, the lack of games. Yeah we know the BC stuff will work great. But essentially they are showing us a UI we already know and games we already know.

Comment

I'm completely fine having the same UI. I actually like that they've made performance improvements with it but haven't altered the design.

Plus I like the new layout for the accompanying phone app, though I've noticed some functionality has been removed as well as added.

It all feels streamlined and snappy to me now which is great... I just want them to now bring some great new games and build upon what they have in the app / UI to compliment it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                That's the biggest thing I picked up on with that video, the lack of games. Yeah we know the BC stuff will work great. But essentially they are showing us a UI we already know and games we already know.
                                I am mighty impressed with the Series hardware (both SKUs) but it is that lack of compelling, day one exclusives that makes no sense.

I get that Covid has made some development difficult but Sony have managed to get some decent looking stuff ready for launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X