Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The amount of confusion over the next xboxes displayed in this, a highly technical video game focused forum, is extremely telling. What a massive ****ing cluster****

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      The amount of confusion over the next xboxes displayed in this, a highly technical video game focused forum, is extremely telling. What a massive ****ing cluster****
      Eeeeeyyuuuupppp.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Some say its not confusing, the naming convention is fine and the games won't be held back. Karen and her 2 sons will have no problem knowing exactly what console to buy.

Comment

Yep, my GTX1080 knocks 4K60fps in Horizon 4 no trouble so the Series X will easily hit that mark. Of course just over a year after the patch MS will withdraw the game from sale...

Comment

Have to see the new dash and store front really is lighting quick . Its gone from the worst to the best. Well done MS

Comment

Yeah I'm still getting used to the layout but it's super slick now.

Comment

Just been dicking around on mine today, deleting some old stuff and downloading some GP games and yeah, it’s way faster. They should’ve done whatever they’ve done here ages ago!

Comment

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered... Out November 13th. Guess that's my racing fix sorted for launch.

Comment

Looks like they've taken that down already.

Comment

Hot Pursuit? Jeez Lewis. Would hurt to remaster Ridge Racer?

Comment

It was listed at £34.99 for Switch and Xbox One ... Figure it's coming to all platforms.

Sorry I love this game. Day one purchase for me especially if it's getting some XSX enhancements.

Comment

Hot Pursuit was so good.
                          The last real Burnout game.

I’ll grab it again

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Hot Pursuit was so good.
                            The last real Burnout game.

I’ll grab it again
                            Yeah I loved it. I remember they brought out that sequel to it as launch game this gen... NFS Rivals? And they completely changed everything that made HP so much fun.

No open world, great setting, great modes and balanced weapons. It just had that one more go feel...

I really, really hope they get some kind of cross play in the if it's coming to all platforms.

Comment

Some chatter here about developers having difficulty creating games for cross gen. I agree with the comment about Mario64. It was made and only existed on the N64, no one complained that they couldn't also play it on the SNES.

Comment

Yeah but also cross gen isn't anything new. They've moaned about before and they'll continue to moan about it... Developers, love to have a good whinge.

The difference with Mario 64 is it's from a different time where post launch updates didn't exist and every new generation was an evolutionary leap... Plus it's Nintendo, it's first party and it's purpose was a system seller.

These days development is more complex and more costly. User bases don't all upgrade immediately and the bigger revenue stream is with the current base.

Apart from the odd first parties and big name developers, not developing cross gen is a luxury few can afford.

Hence we also get remasters and other stuff to re-sell upgrades to cover costs with less overheads.

Sure MS are going cross gen even in first party releases but as we know it's part of a strategy. Whether you agree with it or not..

Comment

Working...
                                X