Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've watched a couple of the breakdown vids, hoping to find a better one as so far they're dull as dishwater. If so much time is spent talking about the resume functions and loading times it's in absence of anything worthwhile of note regardless of XSX or PS5. Such a small footnote feature that most won't notice in practice by the end of the launch morning. Beyond time for a full software breakdown and I don't mean B/C stuff.

Comment

I asked this earlier in the tread but no one replied. On GamePass, can you stream games rather than download?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        I asked this earlier in the tread but no one replied. On GamePass, can you stream games rather than download?
        On the console? No.

If you have game pass ultimate and a compatible Android phone or tablet ...yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          I've watched a couple of the breakdown vids, hoping to find a better one as so far they're dull as dishwater. If so much time is spent talking about the resume functions and loading times it's in absence of anything worthwhile of note regardless of XSX or PS5. Such a small footnote feature that most won't notice in practice by the end of the launch morning. Beyond time for a full software breakdown and I don't mean B/C stuff.
          There's an embargo on what they can report on. Right now it's not full access, they've got 300 odd games from the BC library and a list of features they're allowed to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            On the console? No.

what really? Ah I thought it be like PS Now. You the choice to download or stream PS4 content. PS2 and PS3 are stream play only.
            I thought that might be a way to avoid having to download to the limited drive space :/

Comment

Digital Foundry article is up, havent read the entire thing yet, quite lengthy and detailed by looks of it.

Comment

what really? Ah I thought it be like PS Now. You the choice to download or stream PS4 content. PS2 and PS3 are stream play only.
                I thought that might be a way to avoid having to download to the limited drive space :/
                You could connect your (Android) phone or tablet to your TV I guess. It’d be a lot cheaper than buying an Xbox, too! You’d only be playing Game Pass on it though.

Comment

You can also install the game pass app on a raspberry pi or similar Android device which works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                    Digital Foundry article is up, havent read the entire thing yet, quite lengthy and detailed by looks of it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...transformative
                    Pretty glowing praise where backward compatibility is concerned. Seems to be an automatic bump where there's no frame rate cap...

Good news for people like me holding back on certain titles from this gen to experience it first time on the new console.

Makes me want cyberpunk to arrive already...

Comment

Those solid 60 frames for bc are great. Will we see the same performance on the Series S?

Comment

Those solid 60 frames for bc are great. Will we see the same performance on the Series S?
                        I’d guess we will. The Series S will run the Xbox One S version of the game but with 4x the CPU and GPU power so enhancements should be substantial where the software allows it. Games with frame rate caps will probably just run at a higher resolution.

Comment

Yes I personally guarantee it.

We don’t know yet

Comment

They need to lift that embargo then. I know XSX is thin on next-gen titles but if they hope to maintain strong sales post launch they need to get to convincing buyers of the systems strengths for the next seven years and not on its ability to run games people played or passed on over the last seven. It's way to close to be dancing around info like they are now, same with Sony - we've seen the launch day reveal willy waving end, time to blowout the hype machine on the actual very few experiences we're getting in 2020.

Comment

On the console? No.

I wonder why it’s not on console. Maybe MS don’t see the point, considering anyone with an Xbox and Game Pass could just download the games and play them for realsies. It would be a good way to sample games before the hefty download/storage management, especially on the Series S.

Maybe it’ll come later? Regardless, Japan’s xCloud isn’t until next year so I’ll be hanging around for the time being.

Comment

Pretty glowing praise where backward compatibility is concerned. Seems to be an automatic bump where there's no frame rate cap....
                                Looking good and none of those games have even been patched yet. Hoping for a 60 FPS 4K Horizon mode. I wonder how well games like Assassin's Creed Unity and Anthem run on the Series X . Nice to read too that the system seems really quiet when running.

If only MS actually had some next-gen games to show it off

Comment

Working...
                                X