This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    he shakes his hand and says "why is it super hot" then holds it by the plastic, the series x is not even plugged in at this point and hasn't been for quite some time.
    Kind of, he holds the plastic but then goes on to touch the metal again... Yeah it's hot, it's metal and been inside the machine whilst it was on.

Not saying it's surprising it's actually that hot, but clearly it's not so hot that he can't touch it repeatedly moments later...

Also the machine might have been in standby but it could have been copying / patching stuff onto the expansion card at that point. There's every chance it wasn't just sitting idle.

Someone in digital foundry needs to grab a thermal gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      How easy are these to unplug? Are we going to see stories of 10 year old kids 'burning' their hands in the papers?
      It's Microsoft's safety feature to stop kids swallowing them. Much like that horrible taste Nintendo switch carts have...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        It's Microsoft's safety feature to stop kids swallowing them. Much like that horrible taste Nintendo switch carts have...
        Obviously Microsoft hasn't spent the last year or so testing it at all - they just got their intern to knock up a schematic which he found on Reddit.

So hot, it set his asbestos palm on fire

Guess what folks, when electricity runs through electronics, due to conductivity not being 100% efficient, some of that energy turns into heat. Plug a USB memory stick in - they get hot over time too.
        Last edited by MartyG; 08-10-2020, 12:53.

Comment

Much like that horrible taste Nintendo switch carts have...
          Is that the reason? to stop kids putting them in their mouths and swallowing them? I always seem to put the cart in my teeth while im getting the box out, swapping over as i keep my switch in an awkward position behind the tv. They taste disgusting.

Comment

Kind of, he holds the plastic but then goes on to touch the metal again... Yeah it's hot, it's metal and been inside the machine whilst it was on.

Not saying it's surprising it's actually that hot, but clearly it's not so hot that he can't touch it repeatedly moments later...

Also the machine might have been in standby but it could have been copying / patching stuff onto the expansion card at that point. There's every chance it wasn't just sitting idle.

Someone in digital foundry needs to grab a thermal gun.
            It's unplugged as in there is not any power going to the series X when he removes the HDD expansion its 20 minutes into the video too he could of been doing a lot of things but hes not as its 20 minutes into a video that hes sat recording.......

But who cares if it runs hot it just means your gonna have to be careful where you put it like most modern high powered gaming hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Is that the reason? to stop kids putting them in their mouths and swallowing them? I always seem to put the cart in my teeth while im getting the box out, swapping over as i keep my switch in an awkward position behind the tv. They taste disgusting.
              Yep it's on purpose to make kids spit them out.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Note to self: do not buy used Switch games from fishbowlhead.

Comment

BUGSNAX confirmed for launch day

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    Woohoo. A one, a two, a one two three four!

Comment

NVMe SSD announced for PS5

Comment

Sony really does believe in generations. Two of them, at least.

Wario64 on Twitter

PSN webstore is reportedly getting updated starting Oct 19th for web, Oct 28 for mobile. It will no longer allow users to buy PS3/PSP/Vita content as well as apps/themes/avatars. You’ll have to buy them from the device instead

Wishlist also removed

Comment

At least you'll still be able to buy the games for those systems on the store via the actual devices. It always amazes me that the free online service is still going (and active) on the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                            At least you'll still be able to buy the games for those systems on the store via the actual devices. It always amazes me that the free online service is still going (and active) on the PS3.
                            It doesn’t surprise me to hear you say that as i know a few people (casual gamers) who play their PS3 / 360 on a somewhat regular basis as their primary gaming platform. So i guess the market is still there...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                              NVMe SSD announced for PS5
                              https://youtu.be/nFnXwMo63rY
                              Thats two potential candidates for the Sony whitelist then. The new samsung drive announced a few weeks back also seemed to have similar speeds...

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                                Sony really does believe in generations. Two of them, at least.

Wario64 on Twitter
                                Damn it! The wishlist was awesome. You could quickly see which of your 'wants!' are on sale or not. Poor.

Comment

Working...
                                X