Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the only reason they need to show it is because that chap who works on UX design made such a fuss about it being 100% different from PS4.

If Sony had done what Microsoft have and used the same UI as this gen but made it a bit faster it wouldn't be such a clamour for information.

Comment

The UI is one thing, but I still want to know:
      What enhancements is BC getting?
      How do we get the VR camera cable?
      What is the VR strategy? Any new games?
      What is the quick resume feature like?
      What does the create button do?
      Does it have streaming services?
      What sound systems will the tempest engine support?

It's a month away and we still don't know this stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        I think the only reason they need to show it is because that chap who works on UX design made such a fuss about it being 100% different from PS4.

If Sony had done what Microsoft have and used the same UI as this gen but made it a bit faster it wouldn't be such a clamour for information.
        Didn't know that... jeez that is even more reason to show it off then. It's been a non-issue on Series X because they basically had it in beta on the current consoles so it could be tested by the community. It's nothing new other than a few big tweaks under the hood but then it's instantly familiar as well.

Cassius - They did describe a lot of the BC stuff saying Game Boost would essentially make 30fps games hit 60fps and so on. Nothing specific on a game by game basis but it sounds promising enough and similar to what MS has done in that area. You'd at least expect the big first party titles to get a major boost?

It's definitely time they showed a load of games actually running in BC though. Sucker Punch mentioned GoT was running at 60fps and loading super quick... but I would love to see it.

I doubt we will hear anything at all on VR before launch.

Comment

Burger King reveal/competition is set for 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
            Burger King reveal/competition is set for 15th.

Hopefully the UI reveal - at least that's what news sites all seem to be assuming.

I'm definitely curious to see how it looks.

Comment

Presumably just a contest, the UI is something we'll probably first see as a byproduct of them showing off system features as it's not really something most care about that much. I've just assumed it'll be like the PS3/PS4 UI's but still worse than PS3's

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                the UI is something we'll probably first see as a byproduct of them showing off system features as it's not really something most care about that much.
                I think you're underestimating the level of interest - the first sight we got of the USB ports on the back triggered a round of news stories!

But yes, I agree, it probably won't be that exciting. Although I think the XMB, like the much-vaunted Blades, wouldn't be fit for purpose these days.

Comment

I'll never get why we can't just have a simple screen with the games installed listed and launched with one button press. You shouldn't see all the excess guff unless you expand a games window or something, the PS4 UI was simple enough in theory but the amount of nonsense onscreen was daft.

Comment

Imagine the teardown being a 3 part series Pure drip feeding us until they release a build of the UI that is worthy of a reveal.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      I'll never get why we can't just have a simple screen with the games installed listed and launched with one button press. You shouldn't see all the excess guff unless you expand a games window or something, the PS4 UI was simple enough in theory but the amount of nonsense onscreen was daft.
                      Games, with folders for organising yourself.

Media, in 1 folder and able to organise yourself.

EVERYTHING else should be hidden.

Comment

Also - Sony to have sorted out PSN Stores download speeds

Comment

At least the install times will be a non issue now. Well, I’m completely assuming that to be honest, I would hope the install times are now down to next to nothing.

Comment

Just had my 3D Pulse headset confirmed for delivery on the 12th November. Shame Sony didn’t match the US date with the console release

Comment

The UI on the PS4 is absolutely atrocious, I can't understand how a company with decades of experience of UI design managed to make it so overcomplicated and haphazard.

Comment

PS5 display somewhere in Japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X