This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam View Post
    Got a bunch of emails from Amazon today saying all the PS5 accessories are now out on the 12th. They have all the packaging pictures up too if anyone wants some crazy excitement.
    There was some deal codes for Currys today £5 off various accessories and games. Just check through HotUKDeals.

Comment

In an interview Sony confirmed that the heatsink is plated in silver were it makes contact with the liquid metal to prevent any corrosion. This was a concern that the LM might need replacing in a PC.

Comment

Nice. They really have gone to town and took to heart the durability & noise issues with PS4.

Cerny was good to his word that we would all be pleasantly surprised by their solutions.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-10-2020, 12:55.

Comment

They said the LM overall is cheaper too:

'The main reason is cost. In thermal design, you have to put the cost close to the heat source. As a general thermal design metaphor, let's say you spend 10 yen for a TIM and 1,000 yen for a heat sink in the cooling structure of a certain system. If you change to a 100 yen TIM, you can get the same cooling effect with a 500 yen heat sink. In other words, you can reduce the total cost.'

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            Got a bunch of emails from Amazon today saying all the PS5 accessories are now out on the 12th.
            Yeah, I got one of those for the headset. Every time I get an order update email from them I think it's bad news ...

Comment

This is why it's okay for so much debating to take place on forums, these guys get paid for this nonsense and are wider off the mark:

Doing the rounds currently is a Rakuten Analysts prediction for lifetime sales of PS5:
              日本や米国で11月12日に発売されるソニーの「プレイステーション5(PS5)」は、ハイスペックでありながら極めて戦略的な価格がついた。楽天証券経済研究所チーフアナリストの今中 能夫氏は、PS5の世界販売台数を「5、6年の間に2~3億台」と予測する。この数字は、家庭用ゲーム機で過去最大だったPS2の1億5768万台を大きく上回るものだ。PS5の原価はいくらなのか? なぜその価格で売るのか。大注目を集める理由に迫った。

Mr. Norio Imanaka, Chief Analyst of Rakuten Securities Economic Research Institute, predicts that the number of units sold worldwide will be "200 to 300 million units in 5 to 6 years."

"Esports demands hardware that is fast and capable of advanced video processing, not only for professional gamers, but also for amateur athletes and spectator fans. The high-spec, low-priced PS5 is for today's games. There is a possibility that it can become an international standard machine for e-sports instead of a personal computer. ”(Mr. Imanaka)

The data suggest that in the future, the number of PS5s could reach the order of 600 million or 700 million, four or five times the number of PS2s, which was the highest number ever for home video game consoles. Mr. Imanaka said, "If the number of transfers from PS4, which is backward compatible, is about 120 million, and if more than 100 million e-sports competition population and 400 million spectator population are added, PS5 will be 6 in total. It can be a market of more than 100 million units. "

What a prat

Comment

700 million??

Comment

Not. A. ****ing. Chance.

Comment

Screw it. 12 billion.

Comment

What a bunch of clowns.

Id say PS5 will top 100m over the course of its life, with a PS5 pro at some stage to bolster sales, but not near PS2 or 4 numbers.

No console will ever go over 200m I recon.

Comment

700 million

Comment

I didn't pick up on this, but during the UI demo when he loaded up Destruction All Stars an icon on the quick bar changed to a folder. It would seem that this folder icon let's you switch games like the app changer does on smart phones.
                          Select it, find the game you had running, jump straight into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            I didn't pick up on this, but during the UI demo when he loaded up Destruction All Stars an icon on the quick bar changed to a folder. It would seem that this folder icon let's you switch games like the app changer does on smart phones.
                            Select it, find the game you had running, jump straight into it.
                            When in the vid? I've had a look but can't see anything.

Comment

10 million views now for the video of PS5’s UI. There’s a crazy level of hype for this machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X