This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    This is why it's okay for so much debating to take place on forums, these guys get paid for this nonsense and are wider off the mark:

Doing the rounds currently is a Rakuten Analysts prediction for lifetime sales of PS5:
    日本や米国で11月12日に発売されるソニーの「プレイステーション5(PS5)」は、ハイスペックでありながら極めて戦略的な価格がついた。楽天証券経済研究所チーフアナリストの今中 能夫氏は、PS5の世界販売台数を「5、6年の間に2~3億台」と予測する。この数字は、家庭用ゲーム機で過去最大だったPS2の1億5768万台を大きく上回るものだ。PS5の原価はいくらなのか? なぜその価格で売るのか。大注目を集める理由に迫った。

Mr. Norio Imanaka, Chief Analyst of Rakuten Securities Economic Research Institute, predicts that the number of units sold worldwide will be "200 to 300 million units in 5 to 6 years."

"Esports demands hardware that is fast and capable of advanced video processing, not only for professional gamers, but also for amateur athletes and spectator fans. The high-spec, low-priced PS5 is for today's games. There is a possibility that it can become an international standard machine for e-sports instead of a personal computer. ”(Mr. Imanaka)

The data suggest that in the future, the number of PS5s could reach the order of 600 million or 700 million, four or five times the number of PS2s, which was the highest number ever for home video game consoles. Mr. Imanaka said, "If the number of transfers from PS4, which is backward compatible, is about 120 million, and if more than 100 million e-sports competition population and 400 million spectator population are added, PS5 will be 6 in total. It can be a market of more than 100 million units. "

What a prat
    I wonder how much he was paid for that analysis? If anyone is making a play for the esports crowd its Xbox. Most powerful hardware, focus on low input latency and small enough to move between events without the aid of a couple of burley men!

Comment

Esports is always going to be on PC.

Comment

I've absolutely no idea where the 100m esports figure comes from he uses there. I'd wager it's barely 10,000 and even then it's cases of people self-referencing themselves without the required skill level. eSports always has been and remains an obscenely over focused on niche in gaming, something that is trying to be willed into existence because of the $$$ involved. Let alone the 400m spectator... utter drivel.

Comment

Bad puns and video games since 1999.

Firmware updates to control the speed of the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
            https://www.eurogamer.net/

Firmware updates to control the speed of the fan.
            I think people are getting in to a flap about this. There seems to be a concern that a week after launch a software update will make the PS5 sound like a helicopter.

Comment

Any good ps5 launch games?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                Any good ps5 launch games?
                Personally, Spider-Man Miles Morales and Demon's Souls.

Sackboy also looks bright and fun. A good ol' fashioned 3D platformer.

Comment

Demon's Souls is the best launch game of either machine by a long shot I reckon. As long as you like Souls games. Which I do.

Comment

I deliberately played through Demon’s Souls again on PS3 last month, to avoid the temptation of picking up a PS5. Even so, those screenshots are calling to me. It looks gorgeous, and with a few QOL improvements it’ll be irresistible.

Comment

Maybe it won't matter to many, but the physical version for the PS5 of Atelier Ryza 2 was cancelled in Japan, citing "various reasons". It'll be offered as a free upgrade to those who purchase the PS4 physical and digital versions.
                      Atelier Ryza 2 will be published in the west next year, where it was already announced that the PS5 will be digital-only.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Personally, Spider-Man Miles Morales and Demon's Souls.

Sackboy also looks bright and fun. A good ol' fashioned 3D platformer.
                        Is that the best stuff? I liked demon souls when I played it just after the Asian ps3 launch of the game but I don’t think an glossy remaster is going to cut it for me to pick up a ps5 (although it does look stunning visually); Spider-Man can do one and i’d rather spend an evening in jail than buy a game with sack boy in it. Where’s ridge 8? Gradius VI, Titanfall 3 and a new shutokou racer then? - don’t the new breed of young developers like video games anymore?

Comment

Where’s ridge 8? Gradius VI, Titanfall 3 and a new shutokou racer then? - don’t the new breed of young developers like video games anymore?
                          I feel you. It's like the Japanese devs such as Namco and Konami have to just threw the towel in, taking great franchises with them. PS4 launch was the same.

Comment

Is that the best stuff? I liked demon souls when I played it just after the Asian ps3 launch of the game but I don’t think an glossy remaster is going to cut it for me to pick up a ps5 (although it does look stunning visually); Spider-Man can do one and i’d rather spend an evening in jail than buy a game with sack boy in it. Where’s ridge 8? Gradius VI, Titanfall 3 and a new shutokou racer then? - don’t the new breed of young developers like video games anymore?
                            Where have you been? Your not getting any of those games you listed, probably ever.

PS5 has a solid launch line up by any standards.

Comment

Spider-Man can do one and i’d rather spend an evening in jail than buy a game with sack boy in it.

That really made me laugh.

And yes, that is the best stuff. Unless you want to play an exceptionally brown Assassin's Creed instalment.

You can forget about it launching with a Kaido Battle or something...we haven't had one of those for about 20 years!

The line-up across both machines is tremendously underwhelming to be honest, even more so than the PS4 one.

EDIT: To add a note of positivity, I am really looking forward to getting my PS5 on the 19th. Reasons:

- It's new
                              - It's shiny
                              - It looks cool
                              - It'll be in 4K and I just bought a 4K TV
                              - I'm just kind of up for having a new console to dick around with generally
                              Last edited by wakka; 19-10-2020, 20:31.

Comment

I gotta say AC Valhalla actually has me interested after the last trailer. It's looking much better and I'm liking the fact you can't just use your eagle vision (raven in this) to tag all enemies etc...

It feels like they've actually thought more about the gameplay mechanics and I'm also going to appreciate it being set in Briton.

I've pre-ordered it and between that and Cyberpunk it's everything I need to keep me occupied till the new year.

Neither are of course exclusives but it's still nice to play them on something new and shiny.

Comment

Working...
                                X