Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Horizon Zero Dawn came out Feb 2017 and God of War was released in April 2018, isnt too hard to belive the PS5 installments are just about ready, been a decent number of years. Plus if they do come out early in the PS5 life, could end up with with some more sequals further down the line. If the rumours are true, its fantastic for a major release just after Xmas.
    Last edited by gambit6613; 20-10-2020, 20:41.

Comment

The GoW developers said its been a quicker process this time round.
      2021 will also see the release of FF16 and GT7 too (maybe). Its going to be a hell of an opening year.

Comment

Feb would be amazing and really hardlock their current financial year opening. We should see regular major first party games from Sony as they stopped announcing new projects as far back as three or four years ago so most of their studios should have long gestating projects due over the coming years. I think:

Sony Bend - Should be upward of 2 years into their next game
        Guerilla - Have Horizon II but also a rumoured second IP game in development
        Insomniac - Have Ratchet and Miles out soon but also Spider-Man 2 in development
        Japan - Are about to blow their line up releasing Astro and Demon's with Bluepoint so will be quiet for another two+ years
        Media Molecule - Unknown, suppose it depends on what happens with Dreams
        Naughty Dog - Typically have two projects on the go, neither known atm
        Pixelopus - Unknown, presumably still early on in their next game
        Polyphony - Nuff said
        San Diego - Presumably working on MLB 2021
        Santa Monica - Due a game, the God of War 5 date tying in nicely
        Sucker Punch - Several years out of their next title

Pure spit balling but if 2021 is God of War: Ragnarok and Gran Turismo 7 then 2021 could possibly be Days Gone 2 and Spider-Man 2 with ND to follow up with something in 2022.

Comment

Theres the the big Scifi rps/adventure game that Sony Japan still have in dev, was confirmed its not been cancelled so must be a ps5 game.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Feb would be amazing and really hardlock their current financial year opening. We should see regular major first party games from Sony as they stopped announcing new projects as far back as three or four years ago so most of their studios should have long gestating projects due over the coming years. I think:

Sony Bend - Should be upward of 2 years into their next game
            Guerilla - Have Horizon II but also a rumoured second IP game in development
            Insomniac - Have Ratchet and Miles out soon but also Spider-Man 2 in development
            Japan - Are about to blow their line up releasing Astro and Demon's with Bluepoint so will be quiet for another two+ years
            Media Molecule - Unknown, suppose it depends on what happens with Dreams
            Naughty Dog - Typically have two projects on the go, neither known atm
            Pixelopus - Unknown, presumably still early on in their next game
            Polyphony - Nuff said
            San Diego - Presumably working on MLB 2021
            Santa Monica - Due a game, the God of War 5 date tying in nicely
            Sucker Punch - Several years out of their next title

Pure spit balling but if 2021 is God of War: Ragnarok and Gran Turismo 7 then 2021 could possibly be Days Gone 2 and Spider-Man 2 with ND to follow up with something in 2022.
            Thanks for this, I figured it had been a while since Horizon and God of War but with other stuff like Ghosts of Tsushima and Last of Us 2 hitting PS4 recently I was wondering what else is in the works.

Comment

I think it started after they had stuff like Shenmue III, FF7 Remake, Ghosts and Last of Us announced. Everything was about three years out from release so there was some complaint that it was frustrating how far out things were getting announced and people made to wait.

Had a check, and yeah - Ghosts was announced in 2017, Last of Us in 2016 so Sony basically announced the PS4's lifespan line up during the first half of the systems run. I don't think they've announced much major since those days which probably also fed into the decision to keep skipping E3

Comment

On the other side of the tracks, MS haven't released anything for a few years this gen so by rights they should have a chuck of stuff also lined up. I'm just not sure, based on what's come from them this gen, that anything can really compare with Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  On the other side of the tracks, MS haven't released anything for a few years this gen so by rights they should have a chuck of stuff also lined up. I'm just not sure, based on what's come from them this gen, that anything can really compare with Sony.
                  Minecraft Dungeons
                  Bleeding Edge
                  Ori and the Will 'o the Wisps
                  Battletoads
                  Gears Tactics
                  Grounded
                  Tell Me Why

They all released this year.

Of course Minecraft released on everything and Ori has now come to Switch but still... Saying they haven't released anything for a few years isn't true.

They've released more in 2020 than they did in 2018-2019.

I would include Flight Simulator as well but currently that's PC only.
                  Last edited by nonny; 21-10-2020, 08:17.

Comment

If God of War Ragnarok is really, really February 2021 then

InsertArcherOnlyGetSoErect.gif here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      Minecraft Dungeons
                      Bleeding Edge
                      Ori and the Will 'o the Wisps
                      Battletoads
                      Gears Tactics
                      Grounded
                      Tell Me Why

They all released this year.

Of course Minecraft released on everything and Ori has now come to Switch but still... Saying they haven't released anything for a few years isn't true.

They've released more in 2020 than they did in 2018-2019.

I would include Flight Simulator as well but currently that's PC only.
                      I think I missed those because... Well they didn't exactly set the world alight.
                      In that case most of those studios might be a way off releasing anything.

Comment

Sucker punch Job opening 'with knowledge of Feudal japan'
                        Ghosts 2 no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          I think I missed those because... Well they didn't exactly set the world alight.
                          In that case most of those studios might be a way off releasing anything.
                          Yeah the quality was variable (being nice) but the output has been there this year.

Ori is probably the standout but Grounded and Gears Tactics are also good. I've also got a personal soft spot for Minecraft Dungeons as it's a great chill out game and will be even better when they add cross play.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            If God of War Ragnarok is really, really February 2021 then

InsertArcherOnlyGetSoErect.gif here!!!
                            Dec 2021 for Christmas I recon realistically at the earliest.

Comment

Official playstation mag 'confirmed' FF16 is out next year only on PS5.
                              Not sure how they know that, but there we go.

Comment

Yeah, Microsofts output is going to increase massively this generation but it'll likely take till towards generations end before the level of quality reaches the required standard. All the games they're releasing so far are either not noteworthy or merely projects they picked up and are burning off via the acquisitions. New actual first party offerings from the new studios will take years to come to fruition and even then few of the bought studios have anything like the pedigree of output required. It's why the purchase of Bethesda could well be a saving grace as they can just continue as is and immediately lift Xbox's lineup.

Comment

Working...
                                X