This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation 5: Thread 02

Games industry research firm DFC Intelligence believes PS5 will outsell XSX by 2-to-1, though Microsoft's long-term plan could pay off.

Industry Research company DFC Intelligence says PS5 will outsell Xbox 2:1 next gen and will become another 100m+ unit seller for Sony. Personally I feel they're over bullish about Xbox's long term prospects and the idea that Sony isn't looking at long term sales.

I don't think it's news that the PS5 will outsell the Xbox. I don't know if it will be to that extent but who knows. At the start of this gen people said consoles were dead tech and Sony sold 111 million.

Comment

Yeah, it's just the projected ratio I doubt. It's taken MS two years to shift an estimated 7m Xbox One's versus 30m PS4's in the same window and given what's going on in the world and many early adopters will be forced into one system at best at least initially, I'd be surprised if a similar ratio doesn't carry over into next-gen, if not a greater divide.

Comment

I still don’t think MS will catch Sony but with a cheaper entry point and potentially All Access with Game Pass Ultimate I’d expect the ratio to be closer this time around.

Comment

100+ million is overly optimistic I think.

I read somewhere that Sony have said this gen is set to be shorter (5 years) so I think it's a tall ask

Comment

Depending on whether they re-embrace the low entry cost market they abandoned with PS4, I could see 100m being cracked by PS5 but not much beyond it. I'm largely expecting another market contraction next-gen.

Comment

if they hadn't made the thing so hard to love and so big that most wives won't allow it in the living room, they'd have a chance to sell 100m!

Comment

This is my issue... I think the thing is seriously ugly and a kid magnet. I need to hide my stuff and that is like the most obvious thing for a kid to go and trash. I was trying to think of a word to describe it to a mate the other day and the best I could come up with is "flamboyant". Looking at the black renders it's much better but still a bit crazy.

Do we know of any PS VR2.0 plans as yet? I'm really wanting to know what Sony has going on there. I'm getting an XSX for sure but for 2021 I'm either going to upgrade my PC and get an Oculus Quest (or similar) or if it looks like PS5 is getting better equipment I might hold on for that.

As someone who has nearly bought a PS4 several times but essentially skipped a generation on Sony consoles a PS5 might be the better option than a new PC simply because backward compatibility opens up lots of titles I've not played.

Comment

There's nothing on PSVR2 as yet, PS5 seems to be riding out PSVR1 at the moment but Winter 2021 seems the earliest likely landing zone for the new headset

Comment

Comment

Seeing real life shots of the pad makes it look terrible.The proximity of the square and cross buttons to the left stick looks a little too close.

Comment

Wow a 1560mAh battery Sony really are moving with the times, wonder if all the extra gubbins inside will still make it feel like a 1000mAh battery?

Also whilst I’m taking a dump on the pad Sony really have screwed the pooch for accessibility requirements, clear white buttons with no colour, changed the shape of the pad, tension triggers - hopefully which can be switched off.
                        Last edited by Family Fry; 12-08-2020, 13:38.

Comment

Joy pads are so difficult to gauge. I'll see what it feels like in hand before I call it out as being poor in any aspect.

I still think the Elite 2 Xbox controller is the top benchmark just in terms of features and how it feels to use. It's pretty need perfect but obviously not the default option and expensive to boot.

I never got on with the PS4 controller but this at least looks better and sounds like it has some great upgrades. I remain cautiously optimistic...

Comment

I've heard that it just melts into your hands like buttery chipotle chips. No but seriously, I hear that you forget you have hands.

Comment

Aesthetically I like it

Comment

Working...
                              X