Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the original looks better there.

A lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      I think the original looks better there.

A lot better.
      Hmm, I dunno. I think the newer one looks a lot more natural.

Comment

Comment

How disheartening for developers to have to waste their time remastering an already great game so soon.

Comment

I'll be honest I can't tell the difference on my phone but then it looks slick on both.

Comment

Does ray tracing really just mean reflections on anything that is mildly reflective looking like mirrors?

This gen expect lots of metallic locations in the rain, I guess. In the moonlight.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                Does ray tracing really just mean reflections on anything that is mildly reflective looking like mirrors?

This gen expect lots of metallic locations in the rain, I guess. In the moonlight.
                No. It means light sources are modelled accurately. So light hits Spider-Man’s face, is reflected off a window, back onto his face, back onto the window etc. A cat walking across the floor would interrupt the light transmission where appropriate. And developers don’t have to do any work to make that happen; just specify light sources.

Except what seems to be happening is that the ps5 doesn’t have enough power to just turn on ray tracing globally so it’s being used in specific spots and the result seems to be that some shadows and reflections are now missing, that were originally there.

Comment

I've settled on my launch line up:

Demon's souls
                  Cyberpunk
                  Final Fantasy 7 remake
                  Last of us 2

And from the ps+ collection
                  God of war
                  Horizon
                  And whatever else I haven't played yet

They might not all be next gen, but kicking off a console with this line up isn't bad.

Comment

One thing that has improved on Spidey is the colour of his costume. It's finally red (and not tangerine).

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      No. It means light sources are modelled accurately. So light hits Spider-Man’s face, is reflected off a window, back onto his face, back onto the window etc. A cat walking across the floor would interrupt the light transmission where appropriate. And developers don’t have to do any work to make that happen; just specify light sources.

Except what seems to be happening is that the ps5 doesn’t have enough power to just turn on ray tracing globally so it’s being used in specific spots and the result seems to be that some shadows and reflections are now missing, that were originally there.
                      Thanks. I get that and I was being a bit facetious. So.... do we expect extra shiny and wet surfaces so that ray tracing kicks in? Maybe that is the better question!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        I've settled on my launch line up:

Demon's souls
                        Cyberpunk
                        Final Fantasy 7 remake
                        Last of us 2

And from the ps+ collection
                        God of war
                        Horizon
                        And whatever else I haven't played yet

They might not all be next gen, but kicking off a console with this line up isn't bad.
                        I keep flipping on Cyberpunk and FF7R. Aren't both of these games getting PS5 specific releases at some point? I suppose it'll depend how long everything else keeps me interested for.

Comment

I've picked up AC Valhalla and Cyberpunk on Xbox, plus ore-installed Gears Tactics. Also have Control and Doom Eternal which I'm holding back on till launch.

I've also picked up God of War, Uncharted 4, Last of Us Remastered and Horizon Zero Dawn digital in the recent PSN sales. This before Sony announced the play collection thing...

I've got Spiderman and Shadow of the Colossus on my wishlist for PSN so if anyone spots them on sale let me know.

I'm planning on getting the digital console so has to be on PSN

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                            I keep flipping on Cyberpunk and FF7R. Aren't both of these games getting PS5 specific releases at some point? I suppose it'll depend how long everything else keeps me interested for.
                            Yeah I know what you mean. Cyberpunk is getting some boosts straight off the bat anyway, with a free PS5 upgrade next year, so no biggy. Don't know about FF7R. If it does get an upgrade fingers crossed its free too.

Comment

I'll definitely be happy to stick with Miles on launch. I have the GOTY edition of Spider-Man in my PSN library already and that remaster isn't worth paying out for again

Comment

The Pathless from Ghost Squid looks fun. It's also a launch game. An open world where you move around in a similar style to Journey, but with flying on your eagle bits and shooting. Considering ABZU was an indie priced game, what are the chances of this becoming a nice stocking filler at a similar price? It's coming to PS4 and Apple Arcade too, so maybe it will be priced nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X