Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my TV has HDMI 2.0 with 4K upscaling , does this mean PS5 won’t play in 4K ? Sorry I know very little about this stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
      So my TV has HDMI 2.0 with 4K upscaling , does this mean PS5 won’t play in 4K ? Sorry I know very little about this stuff
      What is the native resolution of the TV?

Comment

Sackboy arrived, Royal Mail are now nearly an hour late in their projected delivery window on the pulse headset

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          What is the native resolution of the TV?
          3840 x 2160

Comment

It will work in 4K [MENTION=1323]Junko[/MENTION]. HDMI 2.0 is ample, it’s what practically every TV has. 2.1 isn’t required for 4K, only 4K at 120fps.

Comment

Yeah what Wakka says... the way you wrote that threw me a little and I wondered if it was some older 1080p unit that could somehow decode a 4K signal.

It it has a native resolution 4K then it is all good PS5 but you'll not be able to access some of the higher end bells and whistles like 120fps or VRR etc... its still going to render a 4K image though and look stunning.

Even now playing Series X on my old Samsung, which doesn't support HDR options or anything fancy games still look absolutely stunning on it once you've calibrated the screen.
              Last edited by nonny; 16-11-2020, 17:45.

Comment

Had an email from Amazon saying
                'Good news
                One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery'

2020 is about to get better

Comment

Anyone know why Sony decided to go with 825GB for the SSD rather than a full 1 TB? This for me is the only cause of irratation regarding the PS5. I know it wont probably be cheap but i hope the option to expand the storage space isnt too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                    Anyone know why Sony decided to go with 825GB for the SSD rather than a full 1 TB? This for me is the only cause of irratation regarding the PS5. I know it wont probably be cheap but i hope the option to expand the storage space isnt too far away.
                    It's not an off the shelf solution, it's custom made. Not sure why it's not 'custom made' bigger. Probably cost.

Comment

New thread here:

Comment

Working...
                      X