Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be surprised if it was true. Those are some very big games for Sony not to have tested.
    As for the loading times, that's just insane. It's only going to get faster too. I can't wait to see the Digital Foundry analysis. Wonder what those suprises are they mentioned too...

Comment

Word of warning to anyone looking at the Sony XH9005 series for 4K120 gaming on the new consoles.

There is a product issue being tracked by Rtings where 120fps picture quality is blurry. Sony obviously only just released the firmware to add this mode but the concerning part is they knew this issue exists and they decided it isn't a problem.

The biggest issue I have with this is all other hdmi 2.1 compliant TV can handle this mode fine with the bandwidth afforded by the standard so it sounds like Sony at talking BS in their statement and a lot of people are p*ssed off.

I see you have tested 4K 120Hz, please test at 4K 120Hz with desktop in Windows 10 at 100 percent instead of it being scaled up. It appears to be broken and I have seen that review sites are missing this because of it being scaled up. What’s your imp

Comment

Someone has been playing around with the DualSense and found that the rear-left and right sound channels activate the haptics. So not only does it vibrate due to what you can see or feel but also hear. Pretty cool.

Comment

I never picked one up in the end, but looks like those custom plates are a no go. Shame.

Comment

Won't stop the chinese, lol.

Comment

I take it Sony found out and leaned on them

Comment

Pretty lengthy Dual Sense teardown, lots of cool things Sony have done to the internals

Comment

I've emailed Smyth's about what happens to in-store click & collect orders after Boris' special announcement at 4pm.

Bigger issues in the world, I know, but the PS5 was a glimmer of fun in a pretty lousy 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    I've emailed Smyth's about what happens to in-store click & collect orders after Boris' special announcement at 4pm.

Bigger issues in the world, I know, but the PS5 was a glimmer of fun in a pretty lousy 2020.
                    I have the same concern with my Xbox order from Game. Like you say, it’s not a 1st world problem but id rather not have to wait until December.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                      I have the same concern with my Xbox order from Game. Like you say, it’s not a 1st world problem but id rather not have to wait until December.
                      I raised this issue with GAME when Wales went into lockdown. They couldn’t give me a clear answer. The Welsh lockdown ends Nov 9th.
                      I agree that there’s a **** storm in the world but I’ve sold my One X and PS4 Pro. I work 12hr shifts and worked the whole first major lockdown and am still working through the Welsh lockdown thanks to Cardiff council classing me as an essential worker. I don’t think I could stay sane if these machines get delayed in anyway

Comment

I've ordered from Microsoft direct for the Series X and Argos for the Series S.

Both orders are fine but I've heard nothing from either since placing them. I've sold my One X so I am now twiddling thumbs as I'm also planning to sell my Switch as well and save up for a new TV. I'm literally counting the days now...

Comment

Home delivery should be OK. It was during the first lockdown. Mine is through Amazon. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Apparently new game updates are still arriving for PS5 launch titles that are continuing to increase the loading speeds. Astrobots mid-level loading time has apparently dropped from 1.71 seconds to just 0.11 seconds and full new level loading from 7.85 seconds to 2.85 seconds.

Comment

Crazy. I don't care what Xbox is doing, it can't possibly compete with these load times.

Comment

Will be awesome having all of 3 games installed on the ps5 hard drive that take advantage of these speeds as well 😔

Comment

Working...
                                X