This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Quick poll on reddit for which PS5 people preordered.

1.2k disk version
    322 digital

Interesting.
    As I understand it though stock levels are 70% for the disc version at the moment so this isn't surprising.

Comment

Confirmed my shopto PS5 interest into a preorder. Here we go. Hold on now... Wooooohooo... Oh nothing is happening

Comment

I've ordered one of each.
        Last edited by teddymeow; 21-09-2020, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          I've ordered on of each.
          Each what? Digi and disc?

Oh yeah I went for disc version.

Comment

I went for Disk purely because I couldn't see the digi model and didn't want to miss it. I'll probably bearly use the drive but I don't mind, it gives me the options.

Comment

Disc all the way for me. I don't really tend to buy 'full price' games on digital - plus, when titles are £70, it's nice to have the option of trading them in.

I'm not one of those weirdos who refuses to buy anything digital though, you understand. Game Pass is awesome, for example. The disc version for me is the Hovis Best of Both machine.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                Each what? Digi and disc?

Oh yeah I went for disc version.
                Indeed.

Comment

You keeping both?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    You keeping both?
                    I was undecided which to go for so pre-ordered both. My bro-in-law came over Friday evening and said he hadn't managed to get one and wanted digital so he's having it off me.

Comment

How come the PS5 hasn’t got a flashing red light on the top to warn low flying aircraft?
                      If the size of the console stops it sounding like a jet engine then I’ll be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        120% it won't be the last disc based generation for a multitude of reasons, plus Sony won't have manufactured 4x the number of disc machines for the sake of it. Their market research will have informed them that it was going to be the higher demand machine regardless of the higher RRP, if they believed they could have skipped it and trapped 4x the players within their ecosystem they would have jumped on that opportunity in a second. The ratio will continue to shift in digitals favour but in 2027 a disc supporting PlayStation 6 will absolutely be at launch.
                        There won't be a disk version next gen. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the current disk version is phased out long before next gen arrives. Disks are already practically useless on their own now, with all games requiring day one patches and at least a few additional patches through the lifetime of a game. The only reason why they are currently shipping more disk machines is because they will make better margins on it. Once the slim models arrive it will be a different story. I know this isn't what "collectors" and some of the older audience want to hear, but Sony and Microsoft's intent is crystal clear now, and with some very aggressive digital incentives further down the line, it will only become clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                          There won't be a disk version next gen. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the current disk version is phased out long before next gen arrives. Disks are already practically useless on their own now, with all games requiring day one patches and at least a few additional patches through the lifetime of a game. The only reason why they are currently shipping more disk machines is because they will make better margins on it. Once the slim models arrive it will be a different story. I know this isn't what "collectors" and some of the older audience want to hear, but Sony and Microsoft's intent is crystal clear now, and with some very aggressive digital incentives further down the line, it will only become clearer.
                          I'm with Neon Ignition here, I think there'll be a disc drive on the next generation systems as well. Perhaps not if we all had superfast internet, but that definitely isn't the case in the UK and in places like the US my understanding is its quite bad outside of cities.

I have a 100MB line with Virgin and I dread downloading modern games. Tekken 7 took forever on Steam. It's only going to get worse as games get larger.

Comment

Isn't it in Sony's interest to support physical media with a fairly buoyant blu-ray and 4k UHD market? That's what swings the disc ver for me ... I want to watch films on it, disc-based films.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                              There certainly will be disk based systems even on ps6/xbones42. WE may live in a first world country (even with a 50mb fibre line download files are atrociously big and slow) but most the wold doesn’t.

Can’t sell consoles to remote places in brazil if they can’t download any games due to not haven’t the net, repeat for any other countries with poor infrastructure.

Comment

Noticed that at the places that are listing them the PS4 versions of the key PS5 games are being priced in line with the next-gen versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X