Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That seems like it would be fast enough to be a cartridge game. So literally turn it on and play instantly?

Comment

The next gen is gonna be like an ipad where you just move between multiple apps. Demons souls for an hour, PS button, carry-on mid swing into spiderman, ps button, some online cod, ps button straight back into Demon's souls etc. Same for Xbox Series SX too.

Comment

SeriesX is only pulling a meagre 2.4 - 5gb/s.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          SeriesX is only pulling a meagre 2.4 - 5gb/s.
          But, but GamePass...and her emails...

Comment

I mean Xbox is going to be quick, It'll employ some shortcuts and stuff to brute force it faster, but if the PS5 really is doing speeds this quick, there is no way it'll be as slick.

Comment

I think peeps need to temper their expections regarding next gen SSDs and their potential. Loading stuff mid frame and leaving your GPU waiting on the info when you've got between 8 - 33ms to complete the frame isn't exactly a good use of resources. Stuff the game engine needs to hand quickly will still need to be resident in RAM but it'll be easier to free up space if you can stream stuff in so much more quickly than the old mechanical disks allowed this generation. So even though the Series and PS5 don't have a huge leap in RAM the ability to update its contents more quickly should allow for more variety in assets.

Comment

Hopefully it'll mean quicker loads between deaths in Demon's souls.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  But, but GamePass...and her emails...
                  You left out her size 12 Terraflops Juggs. True Monsters !!

Comment

Hopefully it'll mean quicker loads between deaths in Demon's souls.
                    This is all that matters at the end of the day.

Comment

Interesting analysis of the demo for Demon Souls by DF. They suggest it's running 1440p/60 which could be a performance mode and maybe there'll be a 4K30 graphics mode.

Also it's early code so obviously this is subject to change but given how close we are to launch I think that might be doubtful...

Still it looks incredible. Bluepoint really have an eye for detail.

Comment

That's a tough choice. I'd like 4k for the eye candy, but a game like this will really benefit from 60fps.

Comment

After going through DS1 and DS3 on PC at 4K60, I don't think I'll be able to go back to 30fps for Souls games.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

Interesting analysis of the demo for Demon Souls by DF. They suggest it's running 1440p/60 which could be a performance mode and maybe there'll be a 4K30 graphics mode.

Also it's early code so obviously this is subject to change but given how close we are to launch I think that might be doubtful...

Still it looks incredible. Bluepoint really have an eye for detail.
                            Bluepoint already confirmed a while back there would be a 60fps mode and a 4k/30 mode.

Comment

That's a tough choice. I'd like 4k for the eye candy, but a game like this will really benefit from 60fps.
                              This game would really benefit from 30fps even

I’ve played demon’s souls at 1440p 60fps (emulation) and it felt weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                                Bluepoint already confirmed a while back there would be a 60fps mode and a 4k/30 mode.
                                Didn't know that but I guess that confirms the performance mode will be 1440p then.

I've no issues with that when the game is looking this good and as always it's excellent to see a developer offering the choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X