X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus it's gigantic...

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      I posted on the PSVR thread that both ps4 and psvr games will get frame rate boosts on selected titles.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps5/
      Thanks for this... That slipped completely under the radar for me and yet it's there plain as day on the main site. Good to know they've at least commented there will be some improvements on selected titles... Hopefully selected means more than a couple!!

Comment

You can emulate PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP on fairly modest PCs these days, so I doubt it's an issue with PS5's ability to do so. I've always seen backwards compatibility as being more about generating good-will for your product and brand, rather than about profits directly tied to the sale of old games. I think Microsoft have twigged this aspect, which is why they have invested so much into it. That said, Microsoft have a much richer (and significantly larger) talent pool to draw from in this respect, being primarily a software company.

Comment

As someone who owns a ridiculously noisy launch PS4 that I've been loathe to use for the past couple of years, I'd hope the PS5 plays the games quietly and at at least Pro levels of frame rate/resolution. I'd be just about happy with that. But really, they should receive some sort of boost on top of that I'd hope.

Comment

I've been swapping around some pre-orders, getting closer to something like a final attack plan now. I have Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Demons Souls currently ordered in what I assume is a safe way. I have my preorder for the 3d Pulse headset too but I'm mindful of Sony's variable build quality etc so I'm not sure I'll stick with that one as a launch day priority. Then the two orders for the PS5 itself. Question is, how reliable will Amazon be?

Comment

I've never had a problem with Amazon. Always delivered on time. Plus their customer service is very good. I've had refunds and even kept my order a few times. They don't care.
              I know there have been some emails going around from them saying they might not hit the launch date, but I understand they are just automated emails that cover their ass. I've not had one. I think Amazon will be fine.

Comment

It was only people who pre-ordered in the US who received those emails. It sounds like they may have over-sold or got their numbers wrong in that territory.

Comment

I wonder if my Japan import of Densha De Go! (PS4) will work on my UK PS5?

Comment

Amazon for me is entirely dependent on whether or not you have Prime. When I didn't have Prime, they would regularly miss release day for preorder games and generally take absolutely forever to deliver anything versus pretty much any other website. Once you have Prime, they are rock solid, never miss the scheduled delivery date, and sometimes almost preternaturally quick to get stuff to you.

Originally posted by Hudson
                    I wonder if my Japan import of Densha De Go! (PS4) will work on my UK PS5?

I'd be very very surprised if it didn't. Sony haven't region locked since the PS2 (apart from, like, 2 games on the PS3).
                    Last edited by wakka; 21-09-2020, 09:02.

Comment

That's it, I don't have Prime so a bit more of a dice roll. Both Amazon UK and Smyths were pretty on point on shutting down preorders which makes me feel like neither oversold numbers so there might not be much of a difference in the end. I know Smyths is planning on using DPD

Comment

Quick poll on reddit for which PS5 people preordered.

1.2k disk version
                        322 digital

Interesting.

Comment

That might have more to do with the fact that the disk version was easier to order. Amazon had it available before the digital edition, with the digital edition selling out more quickly. That in turn might be due to there being fewer digital editions available at launch. I was tempted myself to order the disk version, despite wanting the digital edition, just to ensure that I had a console on launch day.

Comment

I got the digital version myself.

Nice too, to see SONY fans embrace the internet finally

Comment

This will almost certainly be the last gen for disk based systems. I remember not too long ago people saying it would never happen, but now it's a certainty.

Comment

120% it won't be the last disc based generation for a multitude of reasons, plus Sony won't have manufactured 4x the number of disc machines for the sake of it. Their market research will have informed them that it was going to be the higher demand machine regardless of the higher RRP, if they believed they could have skipped it and trapped 4x the players within their ecosystem they would have jumped on that opportunity in a second. The ratio will continue to shift in digitals favour but in 2027 a disc supporting PlayStation 6 will absolutely be at launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X