X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    Put @teddymeow on your speed dial.

I suspect it might be hampered because some disc-owning PS4 users might buy the discless PS5 instead, and still need a BD player, so keep the PS4. Hmm... Still, I'll keep an eye out.

Funny one right now; I checked yesterday - CEX are trying to give £170 cash for a pro them sell it for £350.

Comment

The UI is going to be shown 'soon'. What do we think, another 2 months? May as well wait until you actually turn it on and see it yourself.

Saying that, I don't think I actually saw the PS2 or 3 UI until I got the console.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        Can't bring myself to do it... They want full payment upfront but I'm going to hold out till next year and just get the Series X or my wife will string me up.

Comment

This is me exactly right now... I mean I've convinced her with pure logic and reason as to why I'm upgrading to a Series X but if another expensive console rocks up I might as well just put my balls in the vice and be done with it.

The struggle is real!

Comment

I've got the money but an abundance of unplayed games. I still want a Series S, I think...

As for the UI, I'd prefer be surprised on day 1. The Saturn was the best anyway with its space ship CD player.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              I've got the money but an abundance of unplayed games. I still want a Series S, I think...

As for the UI, I'd prefer be surprised on day 1. The Saturn was the best anyway with its space ship CD player.
              That's true, I'd rather boot it up and enjoy it for the first time. It's probably not going to be much different than this one.

I'm also in the same boat with unplayed games. I can see me just playing ps4 games on the PS5 for a while.

Comment

I've been convincing myself I need Demon Souls but then I remember I own all three Dark Souls gamse and I haven't played any of them...

Slap myself back to reality.

Comment

Hmmmmm

New garage roof
                  Or
                  4k tv.

On the one hand my other half would be SOOOO angry.

On the other hand 4k tv to go with my PS5.

Torn.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I mean... if the shoe fits

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        Saying that, I don't think I actually saw the PS2 or 3 UI until I got the console.
                        I wish they'd kept the X-bar UI from the PS3.

At the time, I had a phone, TV, PSP and PS3, all of which used the same interface. It was great.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Cutting LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            Cutting LOL
                            Joke analysis:
                            I started off with "BUY A NEW CONSOLE", but there was too much text and lacked the impact of just PS5.

I was *this close* to doing one for the Xbox Series S/X thread, so nobody felt left out.

Ultimately, I think everybody could relate with just PS5.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              I wish they'd kept the X-bar UI from the PS3.

At the time, I had a phone, TV, PSP and PS3, all of which used the same interface. It was great.
                              Me too, loved the xmb and its a perfect console interface. Everything now is just designed to sell you crap you don’t want and clutter the interface up. I wish we could just have ultimate control and get EVERYTHING off you don’t want.

Comment

I really liked the XMB at the time, but I think, much like the blades, it's a bit overrated. It wouldn't be a good interface for today without significant changes. It doesn't deal well with exploring libraries of games, and it gives way too much prominence to features you probably wouldn't use much, instead of the games (which are in a massive vertical list basically).

It did look really nice compared to modern interfaces though. Much less busy (mostly because it could do a lot less, but still). And the 'orchestra tuning up' sound effect as it loaded in was a brilliant touch!

Comment

Working...
                                X