Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think people forget Sony have a fully working PS2 software emulator that works on PS4, it’s what powered the PS2 games on PS4.

UPDATE 21/11/15 11:38am: Just how much faster is the PS2 emulator compared to original hardware? We've just posted this…

Comment

The entire back catalogue will be on PSN eventually. Will take time but theres too much history there now for Sony to not monetise going forward.

Comment

For Sony it'll be a simple case that in the past they included backwards compatibility mostly via including hardware for the task outside of PSN releases. They'd need to do a lot of bespoke emulator work to get every system supported and for the games that are most in demand PSNow likely covers the need. I don't doubt that Sony looks at PSN sales, PSNow subs and play lists and see's that they'd be undertaking a huge task for about 12 players benefit. With PS4 they have a store full of content that will probably also be used to fluff out PS+ in the coming two years so the benefits are much clearer for them. Overall I think if both MS's and Sony's new consoles had zero B/C it'd make bugger all difference to sales, the compatibility that exists currently does so for alternate motives like padding out Game Pass etc.

It's a shame how shakey Sony have been though about PS4 support. Will they focus on their flagship games getting a boost? Broader major games? Will it be calculated such as Spider-Man not getting boosts so as not to undermine the Remaster?

I'm broadly expecting framerate consistency, 4K resolution upscale and faster loading. I think 60fps will be few and far between etc

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          That's right, you don't forget this guy

Hey, Disco Stu doesn’t advertise.

Comment

But you can't trust him in a preorder queue though

Comment

Jesus Christ, i didnt release this PS5 was this large lol

I knew the footprint was large but wow.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                Jesus Christ, i didnt release this PS5 was this large lol

I knew the footprint was large but wow.
                oh wow, I hadn't appreciated that either.

Comment

Full generational back compatibility confirmed, by having all previous PlayStation generations included inside the ps5 shell

Comment

If this is indeed exact to scale and i think it is, its nearly as big as my PC tower, not as wide but not far off. I guess it should ensure it has decent cooling, which is reassuring.

Comment

Mine'll be lied down, not massively wider than my PS3

Comment

Biggest problem with it, there is absolutely no way of hiding it from my wife, even worse being white.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Full generational back compatibility confirmed, by having all previous PlayStation generations included inside the ps5 shell
                          Plus a PC plus a fridge freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            I think it's big enough to include every console ever!!

Comment

It'll also weigh almost 5kg so dropping it on your toe will be a hospital visit.

Comment

I can see the reviews now,

“Didn’t come with steel toe cap boots, awful product”.

Comment

Working...
                                X