X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post

That really made me laugh.

And yes, that is the best stuff. Unless you want to play an exceptionally brown Assassin's Creed instalment.

You can forget about it launching with a Kaido Battle or something...we haven't had one of those for about 20 years!

The line-up across both machines is tremendously underwhelming to be honest, even more so than the PS4 one.

EDIT: To add a note of positivity, I am really looking forward to getting my PS5 on the 19th. Reasons:

- It's new
    - It's shiny
    - It looks cool
    - It'll be in 4K and I just bought a 4K TV
    - I'm just kind of up for having a new console to dick around with generally
    Lol - yeah I knew there was no ridge etc and probably never will. I think I might go for the series x over the ps5. I recently picked up a one x and it performs much better than the pro; more solid frame rate/higher resolution Seriously think I backed the wrong horse. Also the BC is done so well on the one x etc etc, but oops I think I am going into wrong thread territory!

Comment

They’re both good products and fundamentally will play 99% of the same games. The PS5 wins out for me because I’m not really interested in any of the MS exclusive software and I am interested in some of Sony’s. I’ve loved my One S though. Super quiet and a terrific pad.

EDIT: Should say, my position on MS’s exclusives will immediately change if Starfield and/or TES VI are exclusives though. I’d get a Series X for those.
      Last edited by wakka; 20-10-2020, 02:24.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        They’re both good products and fundamentally will play 99% of the same games. The PS5 wins out for me because I’m not really interested in any of the MS exclusive software and I am interested in some of Sony’s. I’ve loved my One S though. Super quiet and a terrific pad.

EDIT: Should say, my position on MS’s exclusives will immediately change if Starfield and/or TES VI are exclusives though. I’d get a Series X for those.
        I think there is a very high chance both of those are now true exclusives based in that recent Phil Spencer interview. Best case they're timed exclusive to give them enough scope to lure people to the Xbox ecosystem.

Where we're at now with recent developments I think this is definitely the generation where you need both, or have a beefy enough PC to pick up titles there.

Comment

In the UI video there are indicators that earning specific trophies in games will directly unlock profile banners and avatars. Have a bunch of platinum avatars/themes on PS4, but some of them came from very delayed emails, or I had to contact sony support to get them to send them to me. Glad to see this will be built into the system from now on.

Comment

Got the PlayStation 5 digital pre-ordered along with the Series X and Series S (for my son) but kinda regretting that I can't get the disc one! There's games i want to try like Godfall and Sackboy but not sure if i want to put £70 in to games i'll be stuck with forever. Tempted to cancel and wait but the child in me wants a PlayStation on launch day lol

Comment

Some chatter here about the Share Factory on PS5. My guess is this is accessed from the create button.
              You can create and edit videos on the console. Add stickers and text. And import videos, images and sounds from a USB stick to your creation.
              Must be quite a powerful creation tool baked in to the UI. Doubt I'll use it but it could take off.

Comment

I don't believe it, but God of War: Ragnarök apparently launches on Feb 5th 2021 and here's Cory Barlog not denying it:

Comment

Sony taking a leaf out of Nintendo's book I see! Better than the 4 year leads we have had this gen!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    Some chatter here about the Share Factory on PS5. My guess is this is accessed from the create button.
                    You can create and edit videos on the console. Add stickers and text. And import videos, images and sounds from a USB stick to your creation.
                    Must be quite a powerful creation tool baked in to the UI. Doubt I'll use it but it could take off.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PS5Countd...24354116558859
                    Share Factory was pretty impressive on PS4 too, made relatively short work of stitching together clips, adding captions and the like. 4K HDR clips are going to eat up that SSD pretty damn fast, though.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      Share Factory was pretty impressive on PS4 too, made relatively short work of stitching together clips, adding captions and the like. 4K HDR clips are going to eat up that SSD pretty damn fast, though.
                      On Xbox One you’re limited to 30 second clips at 4k/HDR. You need to plug in an external drive, formatted for media only, to record longer.

Comment

Dirt 5 will also be a launch game (source: the game's offical twitter account).

Comment

There are some reasonable musings going on that Bugsnax is going to be a Psplus title at launch.
                          It's currently not available to preorder on playstation, only pc and its priced at £25. That's the same price and strategy as Fall Guys.
                          Could happen.

Comment

Also God of War is possible Feb 2021 release. Pinch of salt obviously.

Comment

If that is a Feb 2021 release...bloody hell. Shots fired. It will be a serious year 1 lineup of exclusives.

Originally posted by nonny
                              I think there is a very high chance both of those are now true exclusives based in that recent Phil Spencer interview. Best case they're timed exclusive to give them enough scope to lure people to the Xbox ecosystem.

Where we're at now with recent developments I think this is definitely the generation where you need both, or have a beefy enough PC to pick up titles there.

I welcome any and all excuses to buy more consoles

I do wonder if they will be truly exclusive though. Something tells me they won't. I guess we'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                Also God of War is possible Feb 2021 release. Pinch of salt obviously.
                                Isn't this Sony then blowing it's stack a bit early?! I mean between God of War and Horizon Forbidden West that's two of its biggest already hitting the platform... Are we to expect a major lull straight after?

These games take years to develop so you'd have to wonder if Sony has plans to keep a higher frequency of exclusives or whether it's even sustainable.

Comment

Working...
                                X