X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    Ah yeah... Great TV.

I can get that one through work on discount (20%) but I think I'm gonna have to go with the Sony because I'm a fanboy (or the fact it has 2x hdmi 2.1 ports)...

Plus there's a small chance I can get the 75" model if it drops any lower but the QLED Samsung models seem to stay stupid expensive above 65"...
    I had a budget and after research it was the best set to get for that price point. Ive no plans on getting both consoles so 1x2.1 hdmi was adequate for me.

It really is a lovely screen.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      The main character is called Clive?!
      Apparently Squall Leonheart was a bit too 90s...

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        I had a budget and after research it was the best set to get for that price point. Ive no plans on getting both consoles so 1x2.1 hdmi was adequate for me.

It really is a lovely screen.
        I think at 55" it's a close thing, the Sony having the two ports and Dolby Vision support but the Samsung having overall better HDR.

Once you get up to 65"+ the Samsung suddenly gets more expensive for no good reason. I will get both consoles at some point so instantly the Sony wins.

Comment

Comment

Still as brutal as ever!

When the main theme kicks in, it brought a tear to my eye. It looks amazing.

Comment

Nice interview with Gavin Moore, Creative Director on Demon's Souls remake.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                I think at 55" it's a close thing, the Sony having the two ports and Dolby Vision support but the Samsung having overall better HDR.

Once you get up to 65"+ the Samsung suddenly gets more expensive for no good reason. I will get both consoles at some point so instantly the Sony wins.
                Definitely if your getting both and want 120htz (on games that support it) without switching cables over its a must.

Though even if I did get another console i wont be sad with 60fps as standard, again where supported.

Comment

Dark Souls compared:

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    Nice interview with Gavin Moore, Creative Director on Demon's Souls remake.

Really liked what he was saying about it needing a perfect fit.

I'm not a big souls fan. I mean I own all three dark souls games and have only played them a total of 5 hours... :/

But this is looking like Bluepoint really respects the soul of the original but appreciate when to use the new toolset that comes with the new console and controller.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      This seems quite impressive, I'm really looking forward to giving Atro's Playroom a try now.

Comment

Insomniac have announced that the Into The Spider-Verse suit is unlockable in Miles Morales. You can earn it through playing the game or early as a pre-order bonus.

It features the animation from the movie (this can also be deactivated).

Comment

Sounds like the 60fps mode for AC Valhalla on PS5 will be upscaled 4K... :/

Gotta love Ubisofts cryptic wording in the blog.

Comment

Ubisoft have confirmed that all their games will be backward compatible on X/S but on PS5 the following games will not:

-Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
                            -Assassin's Creed Chronicles India/China/Russia
                            -Risk
                            -Star Trek: Bridge Crew
                            -Werewolves Within
                            -Space Junkies

Comment

Whilst Spider-Man: Miles Morales loads from the UI home screen to the games main menu in 7 seconds, it loads from the main menu to in game gameplay in 2 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft...ssassins-creed
                                Ubisoft have confirmed that all their games will be backward compatible on X/S but on PS5 the following games will not:

-Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
                                -Assassin's Creed Chronicles India/China/Russia
                                -Risk
                                -Star Trek: Bridge Crew
                                -Werewolves Within
                                -Space Junkies
                                Looks like that might not be correct:

Update: Since the publication of this article, Ubisoft reached out to IGN to confirm that it has removed the Ubisoft Connect article specifically due to possible errors regarding PS5 backward-compatible games.

Comment

Working...
                                X