Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my confirmation of a launch machine from Shopto.
    Had my interest registered since the end of January.

Comment

Just had my confirmation e-mail off shop too for my launch PS5 Digital. Can't wait for the launch of the Series X and PSV and to see my VISA bill the month after LOL

Comment

Cleared my CC balance this morning (thanks to the proceeds of selling my One X - what was I thinking? Again?!)

Thinking I might add a game or two to my PS5 order.

Comment

I'm thinking even though I'll have a disc drive, I might stick with going digital like I have been doing for the last few months. Demon's Souls is gonna set you back £70 no matter where you order it from, physical or digital and you can pick up a £40+£30 topup card for £59. Way too much of a saving to ignore imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            I'm thinking even though I'll have a disc drive, I might stick with going digital like I have been doing for the last few months. Demon's Souls is gonna set you back £70 no matter where you order it from, physical or digital and you can pick up a £40+£30 topup card for £59. Way too much of a saving to ignore imo.
            This is how I've been digital on Xbox the past 6-7 years. Buy digital from other countries and it's even cheaper.

I'm picking up AC Valhalla from either Singapore or US for about £46 digital and it's £59.99 here.

Install it to a HDD ready to go and copy it across to the be console day one... Easy.

Comment

If you're anti-trading in then yep, if not then with games releasing in the £60-70 bracket the digi only route remains financial madness

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                If you're anti-trading in then yep, if not then with games releasing in the £60-70 bracket the digi only route remains financial madness
                I want games I can swap in a few seconds and will work on both the Series X and S ... I don't really care about trade in either but it's not the top reason.

I also don't think it's financial madness either. It free depends on whether your actually paying for your games at top price in the first place.

Comment

By using discs this gen, you are essentially forfeiting the fast game-switching feature, which is interesting.

Disc is leagues cheaper if you trade-in, but I think it's probably only a relatively small fraction of grown-up gamers that do these days. I'm planning to do a bit of trading in myself (it'll be a nice way to play the Cold War campaign for hopefully ~£15 or so, rather than £60), but I'm mostly just a bit old school and for some reason like lining up the plastic boxes!

Comment

On Xbox it works out better because of Game Pass as you'll never buy the games for the most part at all. On Playstation though its individual choice but if you're seeking the cheapest road digital is the more expensive by a vast margin. Whilst disc has seen a decline its still going to be used by immense swathes of the userbase but even if not, its a minor inconvenience to trade and reduce the £70 overall cost of a game you won't concurrently play every week to as low as £5-£20 depending on if you rebuy the game at a later day in a PSN sale.

I know quick resume is lost via disc but realistically no-one remotely cared about it till 5 minutes ago and in reality the benefits are superficial particularly in consoles that are fast loading to begin with. Anyone should buy based on their own preferences, practicalities etc but if the key standout decision factor is which method is the cheapest then its almost critical they opt for the disc versikn because over the life of the machine the savings will work out as hundreds and easily potentially thousands for the disc machine versus the £100 initial outlay extra and even more crirically - nothing about the disc machine stops you buying digital when you want.

Comment

Yeah I will agree that with game pass you're effectively renting digitally so less need to purchase... Plus by the time some games leave game pass they're usually discounted anyway.

On PS I can see how that's more difficult but I guess it'll be interesting to see the effects of having digital only consoles right from the off with PS5 and Series S.

Comment

I think Sony will have something planned for digital. They have a digital only console and that playstation plus collection I suspect will increase. It would be silly (although not out of the question) if they just carried on as they have with this gen.

Comment

Definitely, if I was picking up a Series X - unless I wanted Call of Duty, Battlefield etc - I'd likely hardly ever buy disc despite the drive. Gp overrides the issue a lot and when needed (like picking up a Forza due to be delisted) the game will be heavily reduced with never a delay in playing it on release. PS5 is a different and those £70 purchases will just be used by Sony to eventually hit £80 etc

Comment

Trading in is definitely cheaper, I just don't think the vast majority of people can remotely be arsed with it. I only have one friend who bothers, out of several who play a lot of videogames.

Although we might see an uptick with £70 games!

Comment

I want the sackboy plush that comes with the special edition and I wasn’t planning on getting it either

Comment

My 20 year old son just got the dreaded "Shopto wont be supplying you after all" email, strange because he purchased the top end model within the first 4 minutes of them being available. He's probably the worlds biggest PS4 user and very unhappy about the situation. If anybody gets all of their multiple orders through& can spare one for RRP, please PM me, would really like to make his xmas

Comment

Working...
                                X