Anticipating: September and October 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    [MENTION=2492]cutmymilk[/MENTION] Ah, I see.

I do have fond memories of playing THPS2 on PlayStation with my mate on Saturday afternoons before the evening out on the town (two years earlier than we should have .

THPS2 and WWE Smackdown.
    Id love a remade smackdown too. The controls were easy and the gameplay and storylines ridiculous and fun. The current games have complicated mechanics for a wrestling game and they aren't fun to play.

THPS2 on Dreamcast was so good. I did everything with every skater in that. I didn't know it used the Spiderman engine til I read about it in Retro Gamer this month, but of course it did. Solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      Tony Hawks and Dirt 5 should be good old-fashioned day-glo arcadey fun. Also interested to see how far they've gone with the 're-reckoning' of Amalur, which was a very decent game. There's nothing on the list I'd urgently 'need' at launch though.
      I remember when Amalur was released back in the day.

I was working for GameStation and it sold out so quickly. EA had totally messed up their forecasting on it and didn't expect it to be as popular as it was. So many angry customers.
      Last edited by teddymeow; 12-08-2020, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        I remember when Amalie was released back in the day.

I was working for GameStation and it sold out so quickly. EA had totally messed up their forecasting on it and didn't expect it to be as popular as it was. So many angry customers.
        I remember the story being quite generic (I think it was meant to be a set-up for an MMO that never happened?) but the combat was excellent. It brought a really visceral God of War feel to things, even when using magic or ranged builds. The colourful fantasy setting was also refreshing and went against the 'grimdark' aesthetic that was so fashionable then. I think I'm talking myself into giving it another punt...

Comment

Little Big Workshop is already out. Already in my Steam library.

Comment

Working...
          X