Gotham Knights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotham Knights

WB Montreal's Batman game will be revealed at DC Fandom on 22 August alongside Rocksteady's Suicide Squad game, both are aiming for next-gen consoles

Not part of the Arkham series:

Comment

Co-op play is nice and the graphics look great in 4K but... Meh, it doesn't seem too different from the Arkham games we've already played and it's been in development for how long?

I dunno, I was expecting a totally different experience but it does look nice enough.

Comment

Actually scrub that it's the Suicide Squad game that continues the Rocksteady Arkham narrative.

Only a trailer for that and a 2022 release... zzzzz.

Comment

I am just very cynical and wary, when i saw the numbers and Rpg elements i thought i wonder how they will monetize this

Comment

Will this play similar to the Rocksteady games?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              Will this play similar to the Rocksteady games?
              It has an RPG/looter levelling system, so I would say nay nothing like Rocksteady.

For example you go into a part of the city that’s Level 15 and you’re Level 5, unfortunately you’re getting tanned regardless of how good you are.

Also looks like there may be upgradable loot as well or crafting materials, we shall see how it turns out.

Comment

Ooh, another GaaS.

Just what we all wanted!!

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post

For example you go into a part of the city that’s Level 15 and you’re Level 5, unfortunately you’re getting tanned regardless of how good you are.
                  Ah thanks.

I just watched the gameplay trailer and they say the enemies scale Thier levels up with you. Doesn't that defeat the object of levelling up?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    I just watched the gameplay trailer and they say the enemies scale Thier levels up with you. Doesn't that defeat the object of levelling up?
                    It does.

This is exactly how Skyrim works, too. The difficulty scales with the power of your character (ie. stays exactly the same) throughout the entire game. Strangely enough, people don't really notice it to dislike it, which is why it's appearing in more and more games as it seems to be a winning formula.

Comment

I think it all stemmed from the times when some people used to complain about starting an RPG and running half-way across the world to some random cave where they would get eaten alive by a level 85 dragon within three frames of animation. They didn't think that was fair at all. So instead player characters now start these games hard as **** and can go and do as they please while marketing repeatedly spouts "TRUE OPEN WORLD", pretty much.

Yeah, awesome.

Comment

Yeah man, that's what I like. Say you venture into the bronx in the 80's (in a movie), high level thugs with chains. Go back when you've levelled up, man. Meanwhile beat up some small time wannabees in the suburbs.

Comment

I sincerely hope Cyberpunk is going to be like that. If not, I hope it's modded in sharpish. I will honestlly hold off from playing it, as I see a leveled world as being one big spoiler.

Comment

RPGs where encounters scale to your level are an abomination. They're great if you don't want them to end so you can fill them with microtransactions.

Comment

I'll never forget entering a deserty patch in World of Warcraft way back and getting chased by massive level baddies. That was fun. I went back much later. I got battered.

Comment

Working...
                              X