The Hong Kong Massacre. (PS4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hong Kong Massacre. (PS4)

This ****ing game. I should hate it. Hate it with every bone in my body. But I don't, I'm actually hugely enjoying it!

First off, for someone of my limited gaming skills and slow reflexes it's hard going. I've worked through about 22 stages today and some have been an utter nightmare. I failed at one particular level 22 times (which the game loves telling me) but for some reason I just kept taking run after run at it where normally it would've just been a "Yeah I've had enough of this" from me. When you do finally completely a stage, and if you manage to John Woo the **** out of it on the way through it is just IMMENSELY satisfying. Don't get me wrong, my stage times have been bloody awful in comparison to the goals set, but I don't care.

When you get through a stage with great rhythm it's almost balletic, doing a slow mo somersault and taking out four enemies rushing you from all sides just gives me a bit of a chuckle. I should be frustrated to all hell by the amount of times I've died getting as far as I am to this point but it really hasn't bothered me. As it's went on I'm getting progressively better with the dive and attack though I'm painfully over reliant on the slow motion feature, each stage gives you an extra bonus for not using it. I will not achieve these bonuses.

Once I work through the (I think) 70 stages I'm going to start from the beginning again focused on achieving all the round times and trying to complete each stage with a bit more finesse. I think that's where the major longevity of the game will come from and probably isn't bad value at the £13.99 it cost, though I can see it hitting a sale soon enough.

It definitely has its flaws but it's been a good purchase for me personally!
    Last edited by Colin; 18-08-2020, 17:05.

Looks like a Hong Kong themed, 3D graphics version of Hotline Miami.

Comment

It basically is, except I was even worse at Hotline Miami than I am at this.

Comment

Heroic Bloodshed ftw

Comment

I've put this on my wishlist.
          Looks great. Another one to keep an eye on, thanks Colin.

Comment

Working...
          X