Quick Sega Saturn Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Sega Saturn Question.

Is it normal for some menu items, like health bars/text etc to flicker. I was just playing Virtua Fighter 2 on a Japanese Sega Saturn on a CRT. The picture is sweet, but the menu bars seem to flicker?

Actually it only seems to do it in that game.

Cheers
    Last edited by SUMIRE; 22-08-2020, 14:39.

VF2 runs at 480i on the Saturn if I'm not mistaken; certainly something different to standard low res at 240p. As such it will look like the image is flickering at points on a normal CRT. Is this what you're referring to mate?
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

VF2 runs in one of the Saturn's interlaced resolutions[704x480] which produces a flicker on standard CRT televisions. I thought it looked really impressive back in the day.

Dead or Alive also runs in a hi-res mode.

Comment

Ok thanks for the replies guys. Yep, it must run a different resolution like you say. Interesting.

Comment

While this is up, i went back through my saturn collection for the 1st time in probably 3 years and i've got a few questions.

Best way to safely store the CD's in those terrible PAL cases

Are the silly prices on ebay for the rare saturn stuff actually true, or would you expect half that if sold them here?

Comment

Not sure on the best way to protect the CDs, other than to remove them and keep them in a disc wallet.

But it's easy to check if the silly prices are genuine - tick 'Completed listings' on the left hand side, and you'll be able to see what stuff actually sold for, rather than just the prices people are wanting for it.

On here you would probably struggle to sell the really expensive stuff tbh.
            [MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Not sure on the best way to protect the CDs, other than to remove them and keep them in a disc wallet.

But it's easy to check if the silly prices are genuine - tick 'Completed listings' on the left hand side, and you'll be able to see what stuff actually sold for, rather than just the prices people are wanting for it.

On here you would probably struggle to sell the really expensive stuff tbh.
              [MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION]
              thanks, didn't know about that and help alot seeing realistic prices. As for the cd's it makes sense just take them out boxes for the older card/plastic combos, the later full plastic ones hold the CD in alot better.

Comment

The best way to store cds safely is to keep them in a case. You can get packs of 20 slim cd cases that are great for keeping games outside of the original boxes for easy access and protection. Don’t use disc wallets for any worth money ie not cdrs; they put fine scratches on the discs.

Comment

Working...
                X