No announcement yet.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this game. Super addicted to it. It's absolutely brilliant! So playable, and with such a pleasant vibe. I can very happily spend hours tooling around in it, doing the different challenges or just messing about with combos.

Great to hear that it's been the fastest selling Tony Hawk's ever, which should mean 3+4 is a dead cert. If that also does well, maybe we'll get a brand new game. Based on the quality of this effort, I'd love to see what Vicarious Visions would do with a brand new title for XSX/PS5.

Comment

I reckon they should do a downhill-only title with an unwieldy and expensive peripheral of some kind. It'll be a smash hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        You can go into levels and reacquire all the upgrade points per skater but once you have done the level challenges on one skater you don't have to redo them, each skater has a series of extra challenges listed in the menu that you can use to gain cash and upgrades.
        It's a funny choice isn't it. I'm sure in the originals all skaters had to do the challenges again too. Going in just to collect the upgrade points is a bit silly.

Comment

Awesome game though. You just see yourself getting better and better the more you play.

Comment

I came into this SO rusty. I really struggled at the start, lamely pulling off the odd kickflip for 50 points and bouncing clumsily off walls while collecting the SKATE letters.

It didn't take long to fully click again though, and I've now finished THPS1's challenges and am making rapid headway into THPS2.

I can't overstate how much fun this game is for me - I really love it! I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed Tony Hawk's, Dave Mirra's, SSX, and the other arcadey extreme sports titles back in the day. There's just something about the gameplay that really does it for me.

I'm still rubbish, mind - going on YouTube and looking at high scoring runs is a salutary experience for anyone who might think they're getting halfway decent at the game - but I'm having a blast.

Once the main objectives are complete, I think I'll probably work through some of the challenges in order to unlock the secret skaters.

Comment

I get paid tomoz and I'm deffo gonna get it but it's fifty quid!!!

I thought this was 'budget priced'???!!!

Cheeky twatters.

Comment

40 quid for PS4 and 35 for the Xbone, both on Amazon. Both 40 in Argos too. Still no exactly budget priced, but defo better than 50 quid.

Comment

Cool mate, Argos it is, I'm in town tomoz!

Comment

Started this just after midnight, and as of about twenty minutes ago I think I’m already done with it - 100% both tours, and all stat points. I did sleep, before anyone asks

It’s good but it’s really not lasted me very long. There’s still challenges and trophies it wants me to push for, and multiplayer too, but I’m really not sure I can be faffed. Feel like I should’ve waited for it to drop in price first, ho hum.

Comment

Exactly the same as me fuse. I bought it at £34 and finished the two Tours, 100% with all stat points, within a few hours spread over a couple of days. I still have challenges to complete and the online aspect to try but I can’t really be bothered with either. I love the TH series and have finished all the games bar Proving Ground and the ones required the skateboard controller and thought this remake was really well done. It felt just like the old games to play, but a bit easier as they included the revert to manual. Although I really enjoyed my (brief) time with it, I wish I had waited until it dropped in price a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Critic View Post
                        Exactly the same as me fuse. I bought it at £34 and finished the two Tours, 100% with all stat points, within a few hours spread over a couple of days. I still have challenges to complete and the online aspect to try but I can’t really be bothered with either. I love the TH series and have finished all the games bar Proving Ground and the ones required the skateboard controller and thought this remake was really well done. It felt just like the old games to play, but a bit easier as they included the revert to manual. Although I really enjoyed my (brief) time with it, I wish I had waited until it dropped in price a bit.
                        its a budget release at £30 if you rinsed every game in the series what where you expecting, for me it was a nice trip down memory lane and a game i will come back to time and time again, also If you don't want to engage in the new challenges they have added then why is that the games fault?

Yeah you could probably do every original challenge the games throw at you in six to ten hours, but then the game was never just about ticking boxes and finishing off all the challenges its about putting together runs and combs and coming out the other end with crazy scores, its like getting a fighting game and complaining that you finished it in a few hours when in reality all you've done is run through single player with every character and leaned a small number of combos.

Comment

Ok, all I meant was I wish I had waited until it dropped in price. £39.99 rrp isn’t a budget release IMO, and even though I thoroughly enjoyed my time playing through all the goals, two to three hours gaming for that price isn’t good value for me.

Comment

Yeah but that is because you are good at it!

Comment

Ha, it’s amazing how quickly the muscle memory kicks in. Maybe Lebowski is right in that what did I expect? I knew what I was getting. I just wished I’d waited that’s all. Anyway, I’ll stop moaning now and leave the thread alone

Comment

I will join you in exile, persecuted for our m4dsk1llz

Comment

Working...
                                X