Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you going to get Mario Kart Live Home Circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's a great idea so many sour responses. I'm not even a Switch owner, granted £100 is high. Everyone probably lives in bedsits.

Comment

I would cover the whole apartment with it.
      I love the idea, not a fan of the price. If I can get one on sale I'd be more than tempted.

Comment

No, it's just not something I would want to play.

That being said, I think it'll sell well. It's a fun novelty. Some kids' products, when it comes down to it, are designed for the kids of rich parents, where they honestly don't really care about the price or how thin an experience it is. Nintendo probably worked out, like toy companies usually do, that it made more sense to make it an expensive purchase and sell fewer than a cheaper purchase and sell more, due to their revenue margin.

Comment

I really like the look of it. I ticks a lot of boxes for me, a cross between an RC car and a videogame.

It's also pioneering tech, taking the Augmented Reality normally only seen on pricey drones.

As a kid, I would have lost my mind for this! My son seems keen too, so we'll see if he's still keen at Christmas.

However, for the same reasons others have stated, I'm hesitant. It's expensive - £100 should be a 2 car pack. It's also more screen time.

It would also be a faff setting up the house to make a course. I'd rather just take Wild Willy 2 out for a spin and maybe look at adding a camera!

Yeah, it would work better if they shrunk the tech. Maybe this kind of size:

Overall, I'm curious and can't wait to see some reviews, but it's not a must-buy.

Comment

Kids of rich parents? 100 quid is nothing for an xmas present. This will probably be given alongside a switch from many working class parents. I reckon this will sell out, with parents looking for that "feature" gift for their 6-11 year old son.

Comment

Setting the house up would be a pain though. The turning circle means it probably needs to go around the outside of a living room, meaning you need furniture moved. The garden may be better in summer.

Comment

Got the Luigi version. Haven't tried it yet. Anyone else?

Comment

After seeing all the terrorized cats on YouTube today, it's made me wanna get it. Not to annoy cats! But it really looked great.

Comment

Working...
                  X