Moon: Remix RPG Adventure [Switch]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moon: Remix RPG Adventure [Switch]

The "anti-RPG" is now out and I've been giving it a shot.

It's a little hard to get into tbh. Your Love Level determines how much stamina you have and when you run out of stamina you die. As a result, you really can't travel too far from your gran's house initially. I gameovered quite a few times before I started to get the hang of it.

Once you do get into the swing of things, it's a case of speaking with villagers, learning their routines, obtaining their character cards and then figuring out what they need to experience love. When they experience love, you level up, which gives you more stamina and allows you to travel further. For your gran at the start, it's simply obtaining a loaf of bread from the baker, but for other characters it requires more digging.

It's definitely more an Adventure game than RPG. You obtain new information by showing NPCs items from your inventory. Showing them items at different locations yields different results. One of the castle guards for example is far more talkative after he's had a few drinks at the local bar than when he's on duty.

It's been interesting so far. I'm finally starting to get the hang of it and feel like I'm making progress. The hero is an arse and you're basically cleaning up his mess. It'll be interesting to see where the game goes with it.
    Last edited by Cepp; 05-09-2020, 21:02.

I really hope this makes it to other platforms.

In this day and age of indie developers trying to make their games explore different themes and mechanics and of there being an audience for those, I think the more experimental japanese games of old -- such as the ones by Love-de-Lic, Vanpool, Punchline or Skip, Ltd. -- would be able to find their niche and be commercially viable.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
      I really hope this makes it to other platforms.

In this day and age of indie developers trying to make their games explore different themes and mechanics and of there being an audience for those, I think the more experimental japanese games of old -- such as the ones by Love-de-Lic, Vanpool, Punchline or Skip, Ltd. -- would be able to find their niche and be commercially viable.
      Hopefully it does, it'd be a shame to see it stuck on Switch.

I just reached Love Level 11 and I'm really feeling the charm now. It's very slow paced and wholesome, yet very quirky. I helped a shop keeper get some sleep by buying a bottle of chloroform... lol.

Comment

I just finished this last night. Enjoyed it a lot, and can definitely see where the cult status comes from. It's genuinely funny, does a great job subverting any number of RPG tropes (100% agreed that this is more of an adventure game though), and is genuinely quite sweet and thoughtful. It's a very good game for quite a dark time in human history.

I started off on my own but later on did resort to a guide; think this was probably a wise choice, as some of the later things you have to piece together would have likely taken me much longer than I'd like to admit. It's a good game for teaching you patience though, particularly at the start when there's so much to do and you have to be conscious of barely having enough energy to make it through the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          I just finished this last night. Enjoyed it a lot, and can definitely see where the cult status comes from. It's genuinely funny, does a great job subverting any number of RPG tropes (100% agreed that this is more of an adventure game though), and is genuinely quite sweet and thoughtful. It's a very good game for quite a dark time in human history.

I started off on my own but later on did resort to a guide; think this was probably a wise choice, as some of the later things you have to piece together would have likely taken me much longer than I'd like to admit. It's a good game for teaching you patience though, particularly at the start when there's so much to do and you have to be conscious of barely having enough energy to make it through the morning!
          I've pretty much done the same; you can tell when you're going to be head scratching for some time and I'm not about that anymore.

I'm nearing the end now, I think the old man in the windmill is my favourite character. They wrote him perfectly.

Comment

I wasn't as far as I thought, or rather, it took me a lot longer to progress that I thought it would.

I think I'm getting a little impatient with it tbh, mostly cause I want to jump into other games. That might not have been the case in the late 90s, but there's too much at my fingertips now.

I need a few more ship parts before I can progress. Deffo using a guide so I can get on with it.
            Last edited by Cepp; 19-09-2020, 09:47.

Comment

I guess I got the bad ending? I was killed by the hero and the game asked me if I wanted to continue. I said yes and got a Game Over. There was a bedroom door in frame and the Dragon was telling me to make sure I walked through a door the next time I had a chance. Perhaps it was referring to not continuing and opening the door in real life? Or maybe my love level wasn't high enough (it was 26).

There's a really long cutscene to get to the moon and no savepoint after so I'm done for now either way.

Comment

The only difference that you'll see is after making that one choice at the end. I did what you did first time, and I've still not been back to see the credits.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  The only difference that you'll see is after making that one choice at the end. I did what you did first time, and I've still not been back to see the credits.
                  Thanks for the update, I'll check it out on Youtube in that case.

Comment

Working...
                  X