Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro-Bit Toaplan MD Shooter Re-releases - Truxton/Hellfire/Fire Shark/Zero Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got all the originals . I really don't like these re-releases. Bought a few over the years. All with quality issues from cheap packing, crappy printed manuals or just nasty carts without a bevelled edge.

Comment

Cheer up you set of misery guts, I'm the one who is the cynic. I'm not that struck on the new art either, but the covers are reversible if it was a deal-breaker. End of the day it's a wage for the Toaplan boys (rather than a bootleg) and the prices don't smack of profiteering, this kind of thing should be encouraged. We might see a £40 Slap Fight MD in my lifetime yet.

I'm unsure if I'll buy any myself as I've either got or had them all, but I am a bit of a Zero Wing super-fan and it'd be nice to have a bit of a special nerd edition so I might get it for myself for Christmas.

Will have to wait and see on the quality side, this isn't their first rodeo but I'm not sure what their previous releases are like. It's a good point though.

Comment

I’m all for official re-releases so long as it adds value, ie makes an expensive game affordable or, better still, provides an English translation of a game never released in the West (hint to publishers: work with translation teams to make this happen!)

But as many have said already, these re-releases offer nothing over originals that can still be picked up fairly cheaply. I’m more inclined to pick up Retro-bit’s R-Type collection for SNES.

Comment

Well, if you want Zero Wing with the additional 32 Japanese endings translated to English, the developers have confirmed they've done that. They are all just CATS (the bad guy with the cape on the intro) saying completely surreal things though.

Here they are: https://legendsoflocalization.com/ze...ings-in-japan/

Comment

Working...
          X