No announcement yet.

Densha De GO! Hashirou Yamanote-Sen - PS4/Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to say that it is a lot easier than from when the last game came out (2006?) as Google Translate on the TV screen is pretty simple via the camera now. My Japanese is pretty rusty but the spoken stuff might be OK. I imagine that there will be much more spoken now.

Mine has not been dispatched

Comment

My order has been updated from processing.

Nooooooooooooo!
      Waiting for Stock We have ordered your item from a local or overseas supplier and are waiting for it to be delivered to our warehouse.

Comment

Mine is...in the middle of the 13GB install. Hope there isn't a huge update after that.

Comment

What format have people gone for? Are there any reviews out yet?

I wonder what the differences are between switch/PS4/PSVR.

Comment

Switch isn't out yet, I don't think. I got my PS4 version from Amazon but went to Bic Camera in my lunch hour, and they didn't have any Switch ones.

Comment

The tutorial is quite easy to follow - the buttons are shown and it usually makes it clear what you have to do. I got a B on my first mission. Lost points for going too fast and being about 11 seconds late.

It looks really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                The tutorial is quite easy to follow - the buttons are shown and it usually makes it clear what you have to do. I got a B on my first mission. Lost points for going too fast and being about 11 seconds late.

It looks really nice.
                This guy.

I'm so jealous. Please keep the impressions coming.

Comment

I've gone through this video on YouTube and translated the tutorial pop-ups and general HUD. Here's the video and below are the translations and their times. I think it should help those of us (including me) who are going in getting a bit overwhelmed. It's really not too stressful. Looks fun and lovely to be fair.

0.05 - Main menu

- GO! at Home (like a career mode)
                  - Arcade Mode
                  - VR Mode
                  - Tutorial
                  - Settings
                  - Exit

HUD guide

G Sensor (bottom left corner) indicates the current force level. This meter will raise if you brake too fast causing discomfort to your passengers. Encourages smoother safer driving. Tell that to this guy who be coming into the station like Silverstreak!

Above the G Sensor is the throttle/brake indicator. Depending on your chose control method, you'll use the left stick to push through the throttle levels and pull the stick down to pass through neutral and the brake levels. The L1 button looks like it may change the type of stick mode i.e. stepping through the throttle/brake levels with each push/pull or change to push and hold method to slip through the levels (analog). L2 engages the full brake. This would cause passenger worry if engaged at a pretty fast speed.

Tutorial pop-ups from above video explained/translated

- The door light was lit, please move the stick into throttle position to depart.

1.When this notice is displayed (Orange Attention box), acknowledge the speed limit warning by pressing Triangle button to point.
                  2. After confirming, adjust speed safely with left stick. Try not to exceed the speed limit (indicated by yellow pointer on speedo).
                  3. If the speed limit is exceeded, the brake will automatically be applied, so be careful.

1. A train ahead is passing.
                  2. Press the headlights dimmer (X button) so not to dazzle the oncoming driver.
                  3. If you leave your lights dim, you evaluation points will decrease.

1. An iron bridge is approaching. For safety, let's honk the horn.
                  2. When you press the Circle button, the horn will sound.
                  3. When you honk the horn at the right time, the iron bridge will glow green.

1. (Yellow information pop-up) The train is stopped. Tilt the stick into the brake position.
                  2. (The 3 yellow and 1 red text boxes) These are the current mission objectives. A) 1 confirmation (pointing). B) Depart. after the door closes. C) Acceleration to 50km/h. D) Stop without overrun.

- Horn is being used when spotting suspicious or workmen persons near track. In this case, they are railfans.

- By sounding the horn when spotting railfans you can earn extra points (in Arcade and VR Mode).

- Alert Information !! The speed limit has been exceeded. Speed will decelerate automatically (cost -100 points in this case).

Score evaluation translation

Hope someone finds this useful

Comment

Right, F this, Amazon still haven't got stock. Going to Nin Nin. the hype is real.

Comment

Yeah I went the Nin-Nin route (pre-order) and Royal Mail messages me earlier saying there is a parcel for me coming from Japan. Provided tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        I've gone through this video on YouTube and translated the tutorial pop-ups and general HUD. Here's the video and below are the translations and their times. I think it should help those of us (including me) who are going in getting a bit overwhelmed. It's really not too stressful. Looks fun and lovely to be fair.

0.05 - Main menu

- GO! at Home (like a career mode)
                        - Arcade Mode
                        - VR Mode
                        - Tutorial
                        - Settings
                        - Exit

HUD guide

G Sensor (bottom left corner) indicates the current force level. This meter will raise if you brake too fast causing discomfort to your passengers. Encourages smoother safer driving. Tell that to this guy who be coming into the station like Silverstreak!

Above the G Sensor is the throttle/brake indicator. Depending on your chose control method, you'll use the left stick to push through the throttle levels and pull the stick down to pass through neutral and the brake levels. The L1 button looks like it may change the type of stick mode i.e. stepping through the throttle/brake levels with each push/pull or change to push and hold method to slip through the levels (analog). L2 engages the full brake. This would cause passenger worry if engaged at a pretty fast speed.

Tutorial pop-ups from above video explained/translated

- The door light was lit, please move the stick into throttle position to depart.

1.When this notice is displayed (Orange Attention box), acknowledge the speed limit warning by pressing Triangle button to point.
                        2. After confirming, adjust speed safely with left stick. Try not to exceed the speed limit (indicated by yellow pointer on speedo).
                        3. If the speed limit is exceeded, the brake will automatically be applied, so be careful.

1. A train ahead is passing.
                        2. Press the headlights dimmer (X button) so not to dazzle the oncoming driver.
                        3. If you leave your lights dim, you evaluation points will decrease.

1. An iron bridge is approaching. For safety, let's honk the horn.
                        2. When you press the Circle button, the horn will sound.
                        3. When you honk the horn at the right time, the iron bridge will glow green.

1. (Yellow information pop-up) The train is stopped. Tilt the stick into the brake position.
                        2. (The 3 yellow and 1 red text boxes) These are the current mission objectives. A) 1 confirmation (pointing). B) Depart. after the door closes. C) Acceleration to 50km/h. D) Stop without overrun.

- Horn is being used when spotting suspicious or workmen persons near track. In this case, they are railfans.

- By sounding the horn when spotting railfans you can earn extra points (in Arcade and VR Mode).

- Alert Information !! The speed limit has been exceeded. Speed will decelerate automatically (cost -100 points in this case).

Score evaluation translation

Hope someone finds this useful
                        High quality post right there.

Looking forward to you guys’ impressions now

Comment

They finally have it in stock for me but have not shipped it. This is very much "National Express East Coast" service.

Comment

Praying for you.

I think mine is on a 2-man raft somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

Comment

"holidays are coming, holidays are coming"

Shipped. Now to ensure my VR setup is ready!

Comment

Looks like mine has reached the UK and is en route to me via Royal Mail.

Guys, postage updates, trains, planes and rafts. Are you not entertained?

Comment

Working...
                                X