No announcement yet.

Densha De GO! Hashirou Yamanote-Sen - PS4/Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some gameplay shown at SquareEnix's TGS2020 online stream... The PSVR stuff starts at around 35 mins in.

It looks really good. My preorder is in at Nin-Nin
    Last edited by hudson; 24-09-2020, 17:10.

Comment

It looks gorgeous.

Comment

Outside of the arcades this will be the first time in ages dende has looked so good. Looking forward to this in December bring on my second job as a train driver in japan Choo choo

Comment

Haha. I need a hat, white gloves and whistle.

Comment

It does look pretty great! I'm hoping that there's at least some modes that are a bit less arcade-y / intensive, so that I can just chill the choo out and take in the scenery without having to worry too much about the pressures of y'know, getting to places in time, and not fatally derailing a multi-carriage beast.

Comment

There is a Free Driving mode.

The modes are as follows:

Arcade (The arcade version duh! )

GO! at Home:

Driver's Road (clear stages, take exams), Free Driving (select vehicle, section, environment), and Daily Roulette (challenges set by devs).

VR Mode: Across the 6 stages of arcade mode with 10 missions.

Comment

Super excited about this tbh. Densha de GO! FINAL was a game I got for the nostalgia at the time - like a souvenir but it is actually a very good game anyway with the chain mechanic. Not sure about how the gameplay works on this edition (though have been following it as an arcade title a little).
                They mention other lines as the Saikyou and the Narita Express. As much as I hope that these will be well featured, these lines do share some routes (if not actually lines) with the Yamanote so it may only be those sections. I really hope not as they go quite far. I think both lines have been in other versions too.

SO I was going to order from yesasia (not used in ages as not imported in the last two generations much) but I see people are using Nin-Nin. Is there a reason to prefer that?

Comment

I don't think I'm going to be able to ignore this.

I'm no densha otaku but the sound of the train on the rails and the announcements / station jingles gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling as it brings back some great memories.

Comment

Not sure why it happened exactly, probably licensing? But sadly station jingles are missing from this. Same happened to Densha USB Plug and Play.

Comment

Anyone have any idea why Amazon JP won't ship this to the UK? Other PS4 pre orders are fine but not this one.

Comment

There’s no rhyme or reason that anyone’s found with amazon japan it seems totally random what they restrict. Maybe check again once released as sometimes the exact same item ends up changing to allow international shipping I swear they spin a wheel and blanket restrict a bunch of random items.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

I'm no densha otaku
                          Same here. I think one of the main attractions for me has been the Japan factor. Thinking about it, it seems a bit mad that I have a bit of unconditional love for Japanese things. Like, my wife will show me something and on first sight it may seem boring, but if she then says "it's Japanese", I show an interest lol. I'm an idiot.

It stems from the Mega drive days. Amazing box art on my imports. The "best" games were from Japan as far as I was concerned Look at the Strider boxart for goodness sake!

Then we get Shenmue, and later the ultimate Japan simulator, Yakuza.

Densha De GO!, Tokyo Bus Guide and more offer a slice of Japan. Those green JR Yamanote trains are cute. Haha.

I have learned how to play it now, thanks to the brilliant Densha De GO! FINAL.

Next, I hope to be flying over Japan in MS Flight Sim. Jet de GO! isn't the same.

Comment

This is out in just under a week in Japan.

Any idea how long delivery can take to UK? I used Nin-Nin.

Comment

They offer about five different delivery services, which did you go for?

Comment

Ah of course. The 7 quid option. 1 to 2 weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X