Densha De GO! Hashirou Yamanote-Sen - PS4/Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Densha De GO! Hashirou Yamanote-Sen - PS4/Switch

Years ago there were the odd Taito arcade cabinet that would draw you in with its multiple screen wizardry. Arcades such as Darius and Ninja Warriors. Taito are arcade masters.

Then in more recent times (2010!), Taito brought out Dariusburst! A very welcome surprise (I think it was a PSP port!). Later we'd get EX and CS updates

In 2017, they gave one of their most loved train simulators, Densha De Go! (Go by Train), the super duper arcade cabinet treatment. It was more like a cabin than a cabinet. 3 screens surround the player (driver) and a fourth touch screen for further controls outside of the familiar lever and gears.
    The aim of the game is simple. Drive the train to designated stops on time and carefully line up along the platform, so your passengers don't step onto the tacks and frazzle. Along the way, adhere to speed limits and honk your horn when crossing bridges (or something). Of course, you get to see an excellent representation of Tokyo's Yamanote line whilst driving those cool and cute, green and white JR trains.

The series has umpteen games released across consoles and PC (all in managable Japanese). In my opinion, Densha De Go! Final on PS2 being the best to get hold of.

What we have now though is are PS4 and Switch versions release of the 2017 beautiful arcade version with added content. New modes, a new station, plus 2 lines not featured in the arcade version, the Saikyou Line and Narita Express. Oh and PSVR support! Coming 3/12/2020.

Also, In celebration, there's a smartphone browser version of the original 1997 game >>> here

Official website
    Last edited by hudson; 14-09-2020, 11:43.

1997 and 2020 versions comparison video.

Last edited by hudson; 14-09-2020, 11:30.

Comment

One thing that I’m surprised about is the fact the newest version that’s coming to switch & PS4 isn’t getting a controller I would have thought it would have gotten one hell even the n64 version got controller. Nothing on the official site or amazon so probably not coming.

Comment

Hopefully there will be support for Move controllers.

There will be a live feed from TGS on 24th September at 1800 (Tokyo time), so 10am here?
        They will be showing PSVR gameplay.

Link to stream

Comment

While controls going fully VR with Move etc would be kind of neat, it does suggest that the Switch version is going to be a bit quite a bit weaker...

Comment

I hope the full game can be played in VR, but I've got a feeling it'll just be a slice of the game. Like what Namco did with Ace Combat. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

I hope we can buy it on PSN without having to import. I'm a bit rusty with digital distribution do all PS4 games come digitally, and is it possible to purchase without using a JPN account?

Comment

If it's going to physical then yeah it'll definitely be available digitally. Assuming it's a Japan-only release, which is almost certain, you'll need a Japanese PSN account (and credit best supplied by buying a voucher) to get at it.

Comment

Its definitely digital too if you scroll right to bottom theres a link to it on the japanese ps store
                  運転士はキミだ!PlayStation®4用ソフト『電車でGO!! はしろう山手線』公式サイト

edit: direct link to it on jpn ps store
                  内容の説明 『電車でGO!!』がPlayStation®4でついに登場!2017年より稼働を開始したアーケード版『電車でGO!!』をベースに、あの「山手線」に焦点をあてPlayStation®4用に調整、追加を行ったのが『電車でGO!! はしろう山手線』です。タイトーとスクウェア・エニックスの強力タッグのもと作られる本作は、アーケード版に続き、スクウェア・ エニックスの映像制作集団ヴィジュアルワークス部が制作を手掛け、Unreal Engine 4で再現されたリアルな街並みの中で、朝、昼、夕方、雨天、雪といった様々な情景や運転の臨場感を、運転士となって体験いただけます。 新駅「高輪ゲートウェイ」の追加により改めて注目度が増した山手線を、運転士になってぐるっと一周!もちろん忠実に再現された「高輪ゲートウェイ」駅も登場します。アーケード版から特に人気の高かったミッションの移植に加え、PlayStation®4版では新たに路線の範囲を「高輪ゲートウェイ」駅を含む山手線一周まで拡大しました。 また、運転可能な電車として、山手線と並走する京浜東北線や埼京線、上野東京ライン、成田エクスプレスで走る電車なども追加し、収録されるミッション総数は200以上となっています。 「電車でGO」シリーズとは? 株式会社タイトーにより1996年にアーケードで誕生し、その後家庭用ゲーム機などにも移植されると、「運転士体験」という全く新しいゲームジャンルが老若男女問わず受け、一大ブームを巻き起こした唯一無二の鉄道シミュレーションゲームです。 ゲームモードの説明 新規追加モード  アーケード版とは一味ちがったゲーム体験ができる、新しい評価軸の新規ミッションをお楽しみいただけるモードです。 アーケードモード  アーケード版で人気のあった山手線と総武線のミッションを移植したモードです。 VRモード  PlayStation®VRのヘッドセットを装着して、山手線E235系の運転席から臨場感あふれる運転士体験ができる専用のミッションを用意したモードです。 さらに、PS5™本体では、PS Camera用PlayStation Cameraアダプターが必要です(購入の必要なし)。詳しくは、Playstation.comcamera-adaptorをご覧ください。PS5™でPlayStation®VRを最大限お楽しみいただくために、ワイヤレスコントローラーDUALSHOCK®4のご使用をお勧めします。

Comment

I really want to get a physical copy of this. I just hope I'm patient enough. Probably won't be.

Comment

Thanks. A bit pricey so will wait for a sale. Hope getting a JPN digital gift card from amazon is as easy as getting US ones.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        I really want to get a physical copy of this. I just hope I'm patient enough. Probably won't be.
                        Any recommendations where to order a physical version from? Amazon Japan won’t ship over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                          Any recommendations where to order a physical version from? Amazon Japan won’t ship over here.
                          I was going to look into Play Asia, but I don't really import much. Mainly get my imports from ebay. [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] any advice?

Comment

It's up at Nin-Nin - link.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              It's up at Nin-Nin - link.
                              thanks, preordered

Comment

Working...
                              X