No announcement yet.

Spelunky 2 [PS4/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a few different things you can do on that stage, but the basic exit just needs you to drop through the first layer (quickly run under him to prep him to drop on you, then run back out of the way, rinse and repeat), before then running off to the right and pushing the block aside to get you to the Tide Pool area. Going down another layer for the other exit involves dealing with his bombing phase, which is far more dangerous!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      There's a few different things you can do on that stage, but the basic exit just needs you to drop through the first layer (quickly run under him to prep him to drop on you, then run back out of the way, rinse and repeat), before then running off to the right and pushing the block aside to get you to the Tide Pool area. Going down another layer for the other exit involves dealing with his bombing phase, which is far more dangerous!
      Yeah I watched a playthrough video and have tried waiting under him and and moving quickly, works a few times and then I'll mess up my timing and I'm as flat as a pancake!

Comment

One thing that is grating on me with this is the number of patches this is getting, and how big some of the changes are. I had to download two separate patches on Saturday alone! In particular, Quillback changing his behaviours has tripped me up quite a few times now...

Got another full clear on the weekend, and got another *so bloody close* to the sunken city too. I'm slowly getting things done!

Comment

Had a whole load of 6-3 and 6-4 deaths trying for this over the past few weeks, but last night I finally finished a sub-10 minute run for the 'Speedlunky' achievement. Still managed plenty of silly mistakes along the way, and can definitely go a lot faster, but very glad to have this checked off the list. Here's a recording of it.

Comment

Your strategy is certainly a lot more violent than mine! but more effective as well!
            Don't think I've managed to get a shotgun yet, most of my dealings with the shopkeeper end in my quick death

I stopped watching once you go to the Chinese area as I have only got that far myself, so want to keep it a surprise if I ever get that far!

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Had a whole load of 6-3 and 6-4 deaths trying for this over the past few weeks, but last night I finally finished a sub-10 minute run for the 'Speedlunky' achievement. Still managed plenty of silly mistakes along the way, and can definitely go a lot faster, but very glad to have this checked off the list. Here's a recording of it.

Comment

I shan't say too much, but some kind of long-range weapon is definitely recommended to help towards the end!

One big difference from Spelunky 1 I'm finding though, is that there's a lot more nuance in how you interact with the shopkeepers - depending on what you do (what and how much you take, whether you actually hit the shopkeeper or not, etc) seems to influence how quickly you're forgiven, to the point that you can make off with some things and be totally off the hook two levels later. Even with items of high importance like the jetpack, taking them was a real high consequence gamble in the first game, whereas in this I'd not think twice about taking it.

Comment

I love this game to bits, but the patching situation is ridiculous. Multiple patches in a single week is not uncommon. Version 1.15 released last week and changed a lot of things, but perhaps most notably, the 3-1 encounter completely. I've now heard that 1.16 are circulating today and talks about changing it again...

Part of me thinks this is really interesting (when a physical version inevitably comes out, the ability to play old patches would be neat), but dipping in every now and then and finding major parts of the game having fundamentally changed is kind of a pain in the ass.

Comment

Working...
                X