User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Still haven't got the last shortcut unlocked (the RNG to get a helping hand is 4-x is one thing, trying to keep one alive is another thing entirely), but have now seen what I believe is the boss. Unfortunately I didn't have the resources to make a proper shot of it

Got my first clear, starting from the 3-1 shortcut and having a proper nail biter of a last boss encounter. Now there’s just a few million other things to do, like a no-shortcut run, exploring the other biomes, opening the last shortcut, figuring out all of the secrets (what is the DEAL with that sword)...

I love it. It’s Spelunky all over again.

Had a few days off it and then tried it again yesterday and did much better than previous.
    Finally got past 1-4, after giving up trying to defeat the big hedgehog thing.
    Managed to continue all the way through to 3-1 in the run.
    I paid for the shortcut but still says under construction, I'm guessing I need to keep paying a few more times until its complete?

First boss has ton of ways to beat him outside of throwing rocks at him, you can do a bit of mario with certain boots.

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    I paid for the shortcut but still says under construction, I'm guessing I need to keep paying a few more times until its complete?
    I believe there are three payments in total before it will open up, last one is 10k credits iirc.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Nice little guide to the shortcuts: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/s...ma-tunnel-7047

The last one is a repeat of one from the original - take the key from the dwelling (normally used for Udjat's Eye) through to 4-4. I remember this being a huge roadblock for me when I was first playing, taking countless runs and many weeks to get it right. Took about 20 minutes this time. I realise I sound like a dick saying this, but practice totally pays off.

For what it's worth, getting the helping hand through to the same stage is a lot easier when you realise you can get them to fall asleep and sit still, leaving them in relative safety and you to finish the level by yourself. I have a couple of good clips from before I realised this, of them doing their very best to sacrifice themselves and **** up runs at 4-4

PSA: the new patch (1.08) crashes the game on boot, DO NOT UPDATE TO 1.08

https://www.reddit.com/r/spelunky/co...tm_name=iossmf

Jumped back on last night, and paid my first visit to the City of Gold on yesterday's daily challenge. Still haven't done my first no-shortcut run though; have had plenty of promising runs where single mistakes have cost dearly. Need to remember it's a marathon, not a sprint...

Q-Q-Q-Quaduple post!

Got my first no-shortcut clear last night. Most important details were that for once I talked myself down from the usual risky stuff; no black market, (mostly) no robbery, no Ankh, straight to the Tide Pool... and other than that, things went mostly to plan. Set off Madame's guards in 6-3 to snag a shotgun for the final boss, and that was it! Ended up at about $330k, which wasn't bad either.

Spent a few hours trying to speed through it after, and feel like I've definitely got the 10 minute pace down with plenty of room to spare. I just need to not make silly mistakes and die halfway through

Still playing this but struggling to progress much.
    Getting done in by the bouncing idol on 3-1 most of the time, don't think I need to beat it I just need to get to the lower section to find the exit.
    Think I might try stocking up on bombs if I can so I can avoid it as much as possible