Retro Rumble: Round 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    Was it really a good idea to convert Gunship to the Spectrum?
    The C64 version was a big seller, so seeing the Spectrum is better at running wireframe graphics, it did make sense to convert it. But that doesn't mean I'd want to play it. I only started enjoying flight sims on the Amiga, and even then frame rates were low.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      The C64 version was a big seller, so seeing the Spectrum is better at running wireframe graphics, it did make sense to convert it. But that doesn't mean I'd want to play it. I only started enjoying flight sims on the Amiga, and even then frame rates were low.
      Try Combat Air Patrol. That was AMAZING on just a stock A500.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
        Published by Psygnosis, so I'll give it a go.

The first time a flight sim amazed me, was then I saw F/A-18 Interceptor running on an Amiga in 1988. Ended up getting it with my Amiga in 1989 and it was nice to play but a bit boring. A game called 'Fighter Bomber' was really good -- and F-19 Stealth Fighter(the manual enormous) was quite impressive. Then I realised that the A500 couldn't do much more when it came to flight sims, so I lost interest.

16-bit flight sims were mostly good though. I just couldn't play 8-bit flight sims -- the game engines struggled too much.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
          That was amazing. I loved the Amiga and ST for their flight sims. F29 Retaliator was my fav mind. Me and my uncle used to put hours and hours into that game. He was the pilot with the flight stick and I was the navigator with the kyboard and handling the systems

I miss those days of the flight sims. I also loved Falcon 4 and F22 on the PC

Comment

Working...
          X