Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The All things MiSTer thread (Now Consolised)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crikey, FPGA boards have dropped massively in price since I last looked at them - is that a Noctua fan replacement you've done there [MENTION=285]beecee[/MENTION] ?

Edit - oh, they haven't; I mistakenly thought the £62 in one of the links was for a complete board.
    Last edited by MartyG; 11-01-2021, 13:55.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Crikey, FPGA boards have dropped massively in price since I last looked at them - is that a Noctua fan replacement you've done there [MENTION=285]beecee[/MENTION] ?
      yup sure is, its great completely silent.

Comment

Anyone with the Mister running c64 or Amiga cores just for gaming? How do they run?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
          Anyone with the Mister running c64 or Amiga cores just for gaming? How do they run?
          Pretty much perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
            Pretty much perfect.
            Thanks mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
              Team it up with one of these (don't get the non microswitched version) and it feels just like the 80's again

Comment

Digital Foundry review video online today - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfIwDC2F2lc

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
                  Digital Foundry review video online today - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfIwDC2F2lc
                  Just watching that now. I think that's convinced me to hold off on building my "all in one" retro box for just a bit longer; but I can see it hopefully won't be that long before I can put together a box with some wireless controllers which just plays "everything prior to the launch of the PS2".

Comment

It does make you wonder if a more powerful fpga solution is just around the corner. I keep hearing that the current board maxes out at PS1 which tbf is pretty damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                      It does make you wonder if a more powerful fpga solution is just around the corner. I keep hearing that the current board maxes out at PS1 which tbf is pretty damn good.
                      I would really love PS1 and Saturn; I could kinda take or leave anything after that. It starts to get expensive in terms of storage; it's not like the SNES where you can fit practically the whole library including all variants and hacked games onto a couple of CDs. The PS1 and Saturn I would just have a small set of the games I would actually want to play on such a device (mainly the fighters, racing games, a few choice titles).

The Saturn is the key one, really, and the most awkward. As a console historically difficult to emulate. All these new solutions have come out to emulate the Saturn's drive, like that recent one @Yakumo posted, but if this Mister stuff works out, then I would prefer to not go back to aging hardware at all. It's nice having everything in one box that outputs cleanly to HDMI, no need for a scaler etc.

Comment

Absolutely, having all that at your fingertips would be heaven.

Comment

Just watched the latest Digital Foundry Retro episode and I've gotta say that MiSTer has piqued my interest!
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 01-02-2021, 15:03.

Comment

I think once the Cave core is done I’ll be in for a MiSTer setup. The X68000 core looks promising too.

Comment

Got my Mister on Tuesday from Ultimatemister.com, set up was easy using Mr. Fusion and the update all script. No issues so far and it plays every game as well as I hoped and as good as the Mega SG/Mega Everdrive Pro and Super NT/FX Pak Pro for those systems.

I can’t wait for CPS2, Cave, PlayStation and Saturn to be added.

Comment

I’ve had my Mister about 12 months now and combined with a PVM it’s the perfect retro all in one.

I got it mainly for the Neo Geo core and the arcade cores as I have most other old consoles with everdrives anyway.

One of the things I enjoy about it is there’s always something in the works. CPS II is in beta and Dangun Fevoron is the next Cave shooter on the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X