Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The All things MiSTer thread (Now Consolised)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe they will be offering a complete solution with the DE10 and case included as well

Comment

That consolised case looks like complete garbage, if you ask me. It looks like my ass printed it out after being designed by my dyslexic coding friend who absolutely ****ing sucks at Photoshop, and design in general.

Setting up a MiSTer is so easy already and the metal casing, or even the perspex top+bottom plates, look as 'official' as you're ever going to get.

Comment

Agree re: that case. Awful. Unlike some though I’m fine with the pcb not being open source.

Comment

This product lets you consolise it yourself into any Mini ITX Case you choose?

(Note - I have no affiliation with them)

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
            This product lets you consolise it yourself into any Mini ITX Case you choose?

(Note - I have no affiliation with them)

Pretty sure I've seen that in an episode of The IT Crowd

Comment

That looks decent enough. Also how I'd imagine a tea warmer could look like.

Comment

I'm been reasonably happy with my AntonioVillena MiSTer Drive but one thing that I don't like is the ports at the side of this which seems to be a problem with any MiSTer unit.

I got mine from here... https://www.antoniovillena.es/store/...-mister-drive/

Since I'm on the look out for another MiSTer in the living room, I've been doing loads of research on MiSTer cases lately.

I do like the look of this one in silver but shame no USB ports on the front...

See more about this here... https://www.d3fmod.com/mini-itx-ironclad-plus/

However out of all the MiSTer cases I've come across, this is the one I'm most looking forward to...

Size comparison to a PC Engine

See more yourself here... https://misteraddons.com/blogs/news/...ure-having-fun
                Last edited by phillai; 10-10-2021, 21:20.

Comment

Have they cracked Sega Saturn on this doodad yet? And I mean total flawless Saturn emulation here; I'd accept some minor stuff but basically the level of SNES emu on the SNES mini.

Comment

I was under the impression some android emus are very good including for Saturn. Obviously doesn't belong in this thread and I think video drivers matter for 3d games.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Have they cracked Sega Saturn on this doodad yet? And I mean total flawless Saturn emulation here; I'd accept some minor stuff but basically the level of SNES emu on the SNES mini.
                      Nope. Pretty sure Sorg is working on it though, a few videos released recently of Daytona and a couple of others.
                      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Saturn and ps1 both in active development. It’s only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I'd accept some minor stuff but basically the level of SNES emu on the SNES mini.
                          They'd never put anything out that shoddy.

Comment

What's interesting to me is the evolution of the debate on emulation. Certain, cough, collectors used to moan and moan that it was Piracy plain and simple. Then having the ram carts made them feel it was fine on original hardware. Then I guess they eventually realised that buying software that hasn't been produced in decades wasn't giving any money to the creators. Maybe they noticed the firms releasing collections of roms for a lot of money. Or maybe originally it was just to feel better in themselves in the first place for not using roms, some kind of elitism.

Comment

Looks like a Data East core is on the cards this week. You can now play turds such as Robocop and Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja in the coming weeks. The upside here is that Midnight Resistance is great and at least we can play it properly with the rotary sticks that we all own...oh, wait...

Since I use mine solely in my cabs there has been little to shout about recently. I do love having them in my machines but I'll be glad when the Konami cores start appearing. Or at least the Saturn core so I can play the best version of Zero 3 Upper in a cab.
                              Last edited by Escape-To-88; 11-10-2021, 20:15.
                              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                                What's interesting to me is the evolution of the debate on emulation. Certain, cough, collectors used to moan and moan that it was Piracy plain and simple. Then having the ram carts made them feel it was fine on original hardware. Then I guess they eventually realised that buying software that hasn't been produced in decades wasn't giving any money to the creators. Maybe they noticed the firms releasing collections of roms for a lot of money. Or maybe originally it was just to feel better in themselves in the first place for not using roms, some kind of elitism.
                                For me it’s a mixture of all of this. I used to have a small collection of my favourites that I had to sell off before leaving the UK. I’ll never be able to buy all that back now, so EverDrives on original hardware will do. But then it’s extremely hard finding consoles in a good enough condition for me to be happy with - especially as most of my old stuff was like new. Software emulation has been a rollercoaster over the years, but I will never in a million years give any outfit money for shoddy ROM dumps. I want to see more of my favourites receive the M2 treatment. I’ll pay full price for ‘forever’ versions of those.

Also, digital purchases over the years have helped me see the light when it comes to not having shelves of plastic collecting dust and fading colour away no matter what. I now have much more appreciation for having pretty much every 16-bit video game (and under) from the 20th century on a single 128GB microSD.

As long as I’m playing on a CRT with FPGA accuracy, great stereo audio, and zero/imperceptible input latency with an original/awesome controller (8BitDo M30) I’m good. I still have a small number of boxes and complete games that I’m keeping purely out of nostalgia, and to show my boy how the real games look. I might even pick up some AES favourites once everything else is out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X