Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The All things MiSTer thread (Now Consolised)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
    Is there a go to YouTube / blog for updates developments?
    Follow this guy on Twitter for CPS2 development.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
      Fantastic news.
      Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo is finally working on MiSTer!
      Happy days indeed!!
      Gonna give this a whirl later!

Saturn core is coming along nicely apparently. PlayStation core on hold as the developer has had to stop work on it due to health issues I believe.

Comment

SSF2 core is ace. Almost more importantly SDRAM issues have been resolved too! Just Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary left to go I believe!

On a side note, anyone having issues with SF2 or SF2 CE sets you need to change the .MRA to point to sf2ce.zip or sf2.zip in some cases and a handful of the MRAs are incorrect.
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Yeah I’m no expert on ssf2 but it seems bang on the money. I spent longer playing moon patrol this morning though!

Comment

I’ve loved being drip fed these games weekly.

I think we’ll be getting more Sega system 16 stuff soon, Shinobi was a good taster!

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
            SSF2 core is ace. Almost more importantly SDRAM issues have been resolved too! Just Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary left to go I believe!.
            Still got Gigawing and Mars Matrix to come, not sure if there are any others.

Comment

New MiSTer awesomeness. My Amiga is configured as a 68020 Amiga 1200 / 4000 with the AGA chipset, 2MB chip ram and 384mb of fast ram and retargettable graphics. All great. Except the game Apidya would crash at startup. So I just changed it to be an A500 with 1MB chip, no fast, OCS chipset and a 68000 and the game works fine. It's like having multiple Amiga configs all in the one box. Hamaze!

Comment

Today’s shenanigans saw me using a mister Amiga core running Music-X talking to an akai mpk midi keyboard with an iPad running various synthesisers. A ludicrous number of cables are required:

Mister connected to the host usb connection on a powered usb hub. That hub connected to a Usb to midi cable that’s connected to another midi to usb cable via a pair of female midi couplers into an iPad and an akai plugged into that same usb hub. Yes, I could just use a DAW on my iPad or MacBook but I like music-x

Comment

Wonder what this means? Cheaper device? An all-in-one solution? Something completely new?

Comment

If it was something better than mister (better as in more support, more cores, more people working on it) then we’d already know about it. I really like rmc but I have a feeling that this reveal is going to take him down in my estimation. Hope I’m wrong. More and better fpga solutions are needed

Comment

I’m guessing analogue are making something generic. An NDA means it’s a commercial venture probably.
                      Last edited by Brad; 18-07-2021, 19:11.

Comment

RMC followed this tweet up with:

OK just to add some reassurance after a chat over on the MiSTer discord - this compliments the MiSTer project in a big way. It doesn't compete with it
                        original tweet now seems like clickbait a bit.

So, don't hold onto your money then, but actually spend your money on a MiSTer because that investment is going to be even better whenever this other things comes out. The exact opposite of what Neil originally said. I am disappoint son!

He's hinting that it's a way to play direct from original carts.
                        Last edited by Brad; 19-07-2021, 16:06.

Comment

Bit of a letdown if so. Ah well

Comment

Consolised version coming out

Check out PCBWay at https://pcbway.com for all your PCB needs!The MiSTer and FPGA gaming has been one of the most exciting things in retro gaming in recent y...

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                              Consolised version coming out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDIz8WY6zLE
                              Looks great! This is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.

That being said, I really want to see more people demoing Sega Saturn and such on these devices. Megadrive is great but unless you're a real emulation purist, I kinda think that's a solved problem.

Comment

That's amazing. Not only is it incredibly well thought out it's cheaper than buying the separate components to produce the usual MiSTer stack that most of us have (USB board, DE10 on top of that, IO board with 128MB ram on top of that). Superb.

Only potential issue is I wonder if this will suck up the entire DE10 nano supply pipeline, stopping people from making their own Mister setups, though why you'd want to when this is around I don't know. RMC's attitude is fantastic "Shop around to see what the best solution is for you".

EDIT: Looks like you supply your own DE10. Hmmm, so as great as this is, it's actually no simpler for the tech-averse out there than the current system really. You have to buy that board, a DE10 and have someone print a case for you from Gerber files. That's arguably more work than what you need to do now.
                                Last edited by Brad; 26-08-2021, 16:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X