Monster Hunter Rise - Nintendo Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Hunter Rise - Nintendo Switch

This deserves a lot more attention than a casual mention in the Switch thread alongside the rest of the Nintendo Direct news, come on! This is a new game in the series, from the team that were most recently responsible for Generations, and although it's not got the HD graphics of World, does have a lot of neat ideas borrowed from it to make the best game possible on the Switch.

Announcement trailer:

MH direct (first half focusing on this, second half focusing on MH Stories 2):

What's In:
    • Palamutes; think Palicos, but canine
    • Choose up to two companions to come out hunting with you
    • No in-map loading; seamless locales a la World
    • Much improved movement: running up walls, and swinging about via the 'wirebug'
    • New monsters! Aknosom, Tetranadon, Great Izuchi, and Magnamalo (new flagship) shown already

But what about the TFLOPS/SSD/3D audio!? and is it shaped like some kind of block or a squashed stormtrooper?

Looks like a winner for the spring! More exciting than all next gen nonsense! *hides*

Comment

it was more than i was expecting and will certainly cover the gap will we get World 2.

Comment

I'm so curious about all of the QoL stuff and whether they've taken inspiration from MHW or not...

Comment

It looks like chunks of World and Iceborne smushed into Generations with greater freedom to explore.
          As odd as this sounds, I actually hope they bring the swimming from Tri/3 Ultimate back at some point.

Comment

I'm not a fan of this, but looks like the permanently sold out in Japan Switch is about to become even more sold out.

Comment

Time to try AGAIN to get on the train. Shame it's not Xmas 2020

Comment

I really loved MHW although I didn't play it to anywhere near the levels of some here (and Iceborne didn't click for me), but I'd be up to delve back in here. The environments shown didn't look very eye-catching, especially compared to World, although the quasi-Oriental setting and architecture looked cool. I decided if I got another MH I'd try a gun or bow build this time, so this could be it.

Comment

Ah, the release timing! Almost 1 year to the day that ACNH came out. Now I get it.

Comment

More info about this coming 2pm GMT tomorrow, rumour that there'll also be a demo.

Comment

That's not a rumour, they confirmed it back when they first showed the game. I just forget if the demo is this month or next. I'd go with this.

Comment

The demo is out today!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          The demo is out today!
                          Tomorrow, apparently? Twitter said the 8th, unless that's a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Tomorrow, apparently? Twitter said the 8th, unless that's a mistake.

This was in the video. Dammit Capcom.

Comment

Also:

Comment

Working...
                              X