No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter Rise - Nintendo Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The demo came out 6pm MST, also features online play which is a nice touch.
    I've not had a chance to give it a go yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      This was in the video. Dammit Capcom.
      Yet I'm seeing other people see the 8th too. Not sure how that came about.

Comment

Anybody tried the demo yet? Can you co-op with Friends and if so, is there voice chat?

Comment

had a go, limited to 30 hunts and MP gets turned off after the demo's time limit is up. It's World on a smaller map with a sub 30 framerate and looks really nice for switch game. Grapple hook is replaced with the bug wire, though i couldn't figure out how to hook on to the monsters themselves, seems to be just for faster movement and special move extensions (like the slinger shot in iceborne), climbing the walls at least on the demo map seems worthless in monster hunts.

Tutorial is pants, all you'll get out of it is wire button+X is quick vertical, wire+A is quick horizontal move and holding down A near the dog lets you hope on it, you'll need to go in weapon controls to see what the actual wire stuff does for each weapon. Haven't done the monster riding yet, that has it own tutorial but i imagine it just an upgrade to the riding controls from world with an monster attack button added, will find out later.

Not done MP either, but will net time i load it up, i'll assume like all MP games i've played on switch there is no built in voice comms, use the nintendo phone app or discord.

Comment

Like you said, the riding is similar to mounting in World, with added attack. You can extend the time you can ride a monster by attacking other monsters to charge up your punishing attack, then unleash it for added damage. To end your ride, you are supposed to slam the monster into a wall/etc. much like the slinger does in World.

Comment

Is this an open world monster hunter? Read somewhere that it was (unless I hallucinated it) but from the map I saw it looked like the traditional number-partitioned kind.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Like you said, the riding is similar to mounting in World, with added attack. You can extend the time you can ride a monster by attacking other monsters to charge up your punishing attack, then unleash it for added damage. To end your ride, you are supposed to slam the monster into a wall/etc. much like the slinger does in World.
                cool, saves me wasting a hunt on it.

Played some MP... no friends stuff in demo but i would imagine a version of the guild stuff in World will make it in. In this you can create a Lobby and password it if you need to, then send text message, whattsapp with the name of the lobby(and password if needed) to your mates to join it, otherwise just join ongoing hunts.

I like the heavy bowgun wire stuff, move 1 is a counter hit and move 2 is a fantastic dodge, probably to broken for HB.

the map is 1 area like world(not as large), no loading small maps. The number stuff remained(as in world/iceborne) just for calling to your mates your in that area, also helpful for guides to say you'll find this resource or endemic life in that part of the map.
                Last edited by Tobal; 08-01-2021, 16:37.

Comment

The are no loading boundaries. World still had numbered areas for ease of reference.

Comment

I thought this was going to be a bit of a sideshow after World, but the demo kind of rules? I'm still a little concerned about how seamless the online could ever be with the Switch being what it is, but it feels very fresh and new, and I'm liking a lot of the changes.

Comment

Has there been any word about the SOS flare? I'm kind of hoping they kept it but also secretly hoping they didn't. I'm being more elitist than I deserve to be.

Comment

Rumoured to be hitting Game Pass and PS in January!

Comment

Good for Capcom if true. I would have thought May for a year since Sunbreak released.

Comment

Feel like this was probably due to be announced at the Game Awards, but that the leak pushed them to bring it forward. But yeah, it's confirmed now. Sunbreak in Spring, aptly enough.

Comment

I think I'm going mad sometimes but am I the only one who, whenever I see a game go on GamePass, I cross it off my "maybe buy in the future" list? It just feels like going out to buy a Blu-Ray on something which is permanently on Netflix.

Do publishers value their games so little?

Comment

While i loved World/Icebourne, i bounced off hard with Rise, while i'd like to say it was the switches technical problems, it was more the changes to the online service made it unplayable for me as im not much of a solo hunter. I probably give it a try again but MH games are hour intense and a proper grind, and i think i'd rather not still be suffering MH burnout when World 2 comes and get a proper advancement.

Comment

Working...
                                X