No announcement yet.

BPX051: Expensive Times for the Broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've pre-ordered a PS5. Biggest motivator is to get the noisy Pro out of my living room once and for all ... I really hope the 5 is quieter ... and I also want to play the new Spidey game and will undoubtedly get drawn in to Souls too (Demon's was always my fave).

Comment

I'll just stick to the Game and Watch for the rest of this year, and if games are going to be stubbornly retailed at £69.99 then that's probably me done with new games going forward. I've got several lifetimes worth of games in my backlog anyway and I don't really like a lot of the new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
        I'll just stick to the Game and Watch for the rest of this year, and if games are going to be stubbornly retailed at £69.99 then that's probably me done with new games going forward. I've got several lifetimes worth of games in my backlog anyway and I don't really like a lot of the new stuff.
        Amen!

Comment

Clearly the most popular system is the game and watch running a 35 year old game.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            Definitely going to get a Series X for myself and possibly a Series S for my nephew. But if games are going to be £70 a pop on the console storefronts I may reconsider that. I suppose going the All Access route would at least avoid upfront costs like that for some games.
            Yep. Either go all access or if you can afford the console outright buying game pass from CDKeys as actually cheaper than the all access RRP on the sub

Comment

I've also got the GAW and Mario Home Circuit ordered.

Interested in a few racers coming up too - Project Cars for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Clearly the most popular system is the game and watch running a 35 year old game.
                I'm pretty sure at this point Nintendo can just stop making new stuff and keep reselling the same things in different packaging.

edit: And at £50? Yeah, that's a hard no from me - cost of making that unit in bulk is probably less than a tenner.
                Last edited by MartyG; 18-09-2020, 10:13.

Comment

I've said a PS4 Pro, as I'm going to watch out for a cheap one in the PS5 stampede. With the backwards compatibility, I think many people will be selling.

None of the new machines though; not until next Christmas at least, unless something like an Armored Core is announced.

Comment

I'm also thinking of trying something different to spend my money on, other than yet another console.

I really enjoyed building the Tamiya RC car. I may build another, but don't want to get another car that does outside jumps etc.
                    I've been watching a few RC drifting videos and can see myself getting into that.

I've always wanted a drone too, for about 5 years now.
                    If I can work out how to take interesting photos without breaking the Drone Code, I may get into that.

Or maybe I could combine the two interests together by using a drone to film drifting!

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      Yep. Either go all access or if you can afford the console outright buying game pass from CDKeys as actually cheaper than the all access RRP on the sub
                      I was just thinking of All Access for the wee man’s console but he’s a racing sim nut so there might not be much benefit from Game Pass for him.

Comment

Yeah maybe not then.

I had a quick look and there's F1 2019, Dirt Rally 2.0 and obviously Forza horizon 4 in there right now...

If he's into more sim stuff there's nothing else really in there... In games with gold there's been project cars, Dirt 4 and a few others but you'll have missed out on those.

Forza 7 is still pretty bloody good but you'll pick that up cheap now...

Comment

Just took stock of my kids' Christmas lists and I now have the following on Pre-order:

PS5 - disc version
                          2x Xbox Series S
                          PS4 Slim

All these with Gamepass, Gold and PS Plus on top, then I guess it's pigeon for Christmas then

Comment

I'm hovering over whether to buy AC Valhalla or not...

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              Just took stock of my kids' Christmas lists and I now have the following on Pre-order:

PS5 - disc version
                              2x Xbox Series S
                              PS4 Slim

All these with Gamepass, Gold and PS Plus on top, then I guess it's pigeon for Christmas then
                              Plus a second job for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X