Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp X68000 Emulator: How to run multi-disk games in RetroArch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp X68000 Emulator: How to run multi-disk games in RetroArch?

I'm using the PX86k core with RetroArch. I can get single disk games running, but multi-disk games don't work. Does anyone know the way to get them running? Also, any other tips on setting up the PX86x core would be appreciated.

Hope there’s no piracy and you own the original multi disc games, Leon......

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      Hope there’s no piracy and you own the original multi disc games, Leon......
      I'm just trying to run homebrew X68000 games. If I could afford commercial X68000 games, I'd also be able to afford a PVM/BVM.

It sucks being a retro gamer with a very modest income.

Comment

He's trying to run multi disc Linux isos. It's fine. Also I haven't tried for over a decade doesn't it have more than one drive in the emulator?

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
          He's trying to run multi disc Linux isos. It's fine. Also I haven't tried for over a decade doesn't it have more than one drive in the emulator?
          Some games say 'insert disc 2' others just display a blank screen after a while. I changed the disk in the drive but I don't know how to get it to recognise and boot the second disc. I'll have to do more research. There's a lot of Japanese text on the screen that I don't understand -- and I don't know how the X68000 operates. Single disk games just load and work fine though.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-09-2020, 20:30.

Comment

Is it because you're running retro arch? Doesn't it give you the desktop environment of the computer.

Comment

Must be, the x86k emulators for Windows lets you load up the drives before starting the system up.
              Last edited by Baseley09; 20-09-2020, 09:56.

Comment

The multi disk games just ask for the disks as they need them, u put them in and they run. If you have a two disc game, u put both in each drive. For three disks, you would put one and two, then it would ask for the third etc.

There is an excellent hard drive image online on the main x68000 support site, you really don’t need to muck about with floppy images.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                  Is it because you're running retro arch? Doesn't it give you the desktop environment of the computer.
                  You can type stuff into the X68000 command prompt. RetroArch lets you put two disks in drive 0 & 1. So I'll try and work it out.

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  There is an excellent hard drive image online on the main x68000 support site, you really don’t need to muck about with floppy images.
                  I'll take a look at that. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X